Required information in Info.plist for App Store submission

Required information in Info.plist for App Store submission

Hi everyone

We are trying to submit an application generated in OutSystems 10 to the Apple Store. This app uses the "Barcode Plugin" Forge component to allow scanning of barcodes.

When we submit the generated application to the store for review, we get the following note back from Apple:

"This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data."

I have searched the forum and OutSystems Mobile help documents to see how this could be done, but I'm not making progress. Can someone assist please?

Thanks and have a great day!

Hey, Charl,

This is related to an enforcement of proper descriptions when requesting permissions.

We're currently in the process of adding them to the plugin releasing an update, so expect it really soon.

I'll let you know here when we do, so you can test it and give us some feedback, ok?

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Hi Carlos

Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it.

Yes, that would be great!

Have a great day

Charl

Hello again, Charl,

We just published a new version of the Barcode Scanner and tested it for the messages when requesting permission.

Could you upgrade it, refresh references, regenerate the app and try submitting again?

Please let us know how it went. :)

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Hi Carlos, 

Just wanted to check if the solution you published are specific to the Barcode Scanner plug in only?

I am asking this because I have also generated a mobile app APK from Outsystems, my app does not use any plugin, but Android rejected my app indicating the following error: 

"android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO,android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE. Apps using these permissions in an APK are required to have a privacy policy set."

My app do not need the "Record Audio" function, but there seemed no way for me to opt-out from this option at Outsystems. 

Can you help me please?

Hi guys

I'am having the same issue with apple app store, I was able to publish to play store but not to apple

Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

The plugins we are using are:

• Camera
  • Contacts
  • Common
  • Google Maps 
  • Google Login
  • One Signal
  • Keyboard

Is it possible to add this to extensibility Configuration?

<key>NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription</key>
<string>Photo Library Access Warning</string>

Hi David,

It seems that issue occurs due to the Camera plugin. Are you using the latest version of the plugin? We already took care of that issue. Can you please check if you're using the latest version and try again?

Let me know how it went.

Best regards,

Ricardo Alves

Hi Ricardo 

You are correct I didn't had the latest version of the plugin, my app is already in review :)

Thank you