Install a new application via web service

Install a new application via web service

ServiceStudio uses an web service to install an application.

What is the name of the service method used by servicestudio to publish an app?

I would like to install an app to an outsystems platform server programmatically.

I'm pretty sure that's not supported :).

Everytime you do anything to your outsystems platform server, under the hood service studio uses an internal web service.

But which service is used to publish apps im not too sure yet? (require outsystems assistances to use undocumented web service api)

Everything undocumented is also not supported, and may break between versions. So I really wouldn't go there. Can't you write a LiveTime plugin to achieve the same?

Solution

Hi guys,

Outsystems 10 will support a set of Deployment APIs in REST so you will be able to easily automate your application deployments. You just have to wait for next patch which will be released in January.

I hope this will fit your use case. So please, feel free to relay your comments, suggestions or corrections.

Best Regards.

Solution

Can I give that 100 likes? :)

João Bento wrote:

Hi guys,

Outsystems 10 will support a set of Deployment APIs in REST so you will be able to easily automate your application deployments. You just have to wait for next patch which will be released in January.

I hope this will fit your use case. So please, feel free to relay your comments, suggestions or corrections.

Best Regards.

Will there be application upgrade as well? (monitor new version and upgrade applications).

Configuration via ServiceCenter should be automated via REST web services as well. (i.e a large server farm can clone a virtual machine and auto configure the virtual machine via REST)