Timer Bootstrap Error: String or binary data would be truncated.

Timer Bootstrap Error: String or binary data would be truncated.

Hi, I am getting a Bootstrap Timer Error : String or binary data would be truncated even though I have set the entity attribute length to 32000, which is more or less the maximum number of characters a excel cell can have. Can anyone help me?

Hi Louie,

Setting the entity attribute length to that value should definitely get you in the clear... If I remember correctly, the message doesn't specify the attribute that's causing the issue. Is it possible that there's another attribute hitting the limit?

Cheers,
R

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for the help. I managed to solve the issue: I didn't set the structure attribute length. Now, the only problem I have is that for some reason my images from external urls are not loaded when I test the app from Outsystems Now or through the generated APK. However, the images appear when I test the app using the emulator in the browser. Any idea how I can fix this?

Cheers,

Louie

Hi Louie,

What was the previous length of the attribute before increasing to 32000?
There is a known issue (fix still pending) regarding increasing a attribute that was previously set to 2000. If that is you case, the workaround is to publish a version with it lower (ex: 1999) and then increase it again.

Edit: what do you mean by length in the Structure? That error must be related with an Entity (where length is mandatory)

Regards,
João Rosado

João Rosado wrote:

Hi Louie,

What was the previous length of the attribute before increasing to 32000?
There is a known issue (fix still pending) regarding increasing a attribute that was previously set to 2000. If that is you case, the workaround is to publish a version with it lower (ex: 1999) and then increase it again.

Edit: what do you mean by length in the Structure? That error must be related with an Entity (where length is mandatory)

Regards,
João Rosado

Hi Joao,

The previous lengths of the attributes were at their defaults, of which some were 2000 I think. The bootstrap involves the aggregate of the entity and the excel to record list of the structure, so I also had to set the structure attribute lengths to 32000 as well.

Cheers,

Louie

Louie Ng wrote:

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for the help. I managed to solve the issue: I didn't set the structure attribute length. Now, the only problem I have is that for some reason my images from external urls are not loaded when I test the app from Outsystems Now or through the generated APK. However, the images appear when I test the app using the emulator in the browser. Any idea how I can fix this?

Cheers,

Louie

Hi Louie,

Are the image URLs using HTTPS? Since we use HTTPS on mobile apps and OutSystems Now, the webview may not accept HTTP URLs...

Cheers,
R

Rodrigo Coutinho wrote:

Louie Ng wrote:

Hi Rodrigo,

Cheers,

Louie

Hi Louie,

Are the image URLs using HTTPS? Since we use HTTPS on mobile apps and OutSystems Now, the webview may not accept HTTP URLs...

Cheers,
R

Hi Rodrigo,

Yup, that works, thanks a lot. I actually thought of that but ended up confusing myself and not trying it out.

Cheers,

Louie