[ardoJSON] Could not load file or assembly 'System.Numerics', Version=4.0.0.0

[ardoJSON] Could not load file or assembly 'System.Numerics', Version=4.0.0.0

Forge Component
(22)
Published on 5 Sep by Ricardo Silva
22 votes
Published on 5 Sep by Ricardo Silva

I have been using OutSystems2JSON action in ardoJSON 1.9 (platform server version 9.0) for a year without problem. My purpose was to convert OS structure to JSON to be used with jqGrid. 

On 12/23/2016, I got the following error message when my app called OutSystems2JSON action:

"Could not load file or assembly 'System.Numerics, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)"

When I debugged the extension with Visual Studio, I found that it failed when it called "json.WriteValue(val);". The error message was:

"Field 'ssSTListMemberData' defined on type 'ssBriefingManager.RCListMemberDataRecord' is not a field on the target object which is of type 'ssBriefingManager.STListMemberDataStructure'."

When I tested my other apps which use OutSystems2JSON action, they all failed with the same error message ("Could not load ..."). 

Could anyone help me on how to fix this? 

Thank you so much.

Hi Peter,

It seems ardoJSON needs a Record List, not a simple List, as input, and it also seems you fed it a List instead of a Record List. Could you check and make sure you supply it with a record list?

Hi Killian,

Thank you for your reply. I fed a Record List, not a simple list as shown in the picture above. It has been working fine since day one until last weekend that it crashed.

In that case I'm thinking of a refresh/publish problem, or someone botched the .NET installation. Is it a single server with the problem?

What version of the platform are you using? And what version of the .NET Framework do you have installed?

The assembly that seems to be  missing is a system assembly (from the .NET Framework) and I do not recall using it directly. It may be a dependency from the JSON library I'm using.

Ricardo Silva wrote:

What version of the platform are you using? And what version of the .NET Framework do you have installed?

The assembly that seems to be  missing is a system assembly (from the .NET Framework) and I do not recall using it directly. It may be a dependency from the JSON library I'm using.

I am using Platform Server Version 9.0.1.25. I use OutSystems cloud environment so I don't know what .NET framework version they are using. What should I do in this case? Is it something that OS technical support can help me with? 

Solution

Yes, please get in touch with Technical Support so they can check what might have changed.

Solution

Ricardo Silva wrote:

Yes, please get in touch with Technical Support so they can check what might have changed.

Thank you for verifying the error for me that it was not the extension problem. This is really helpful for me. Thank you for developing this cool piece of extension. :-)

The OS technical support team replied to me with the following message:

"We've identified the cause of this issue to our last maintenance operation on your Development environment, which occurred on 2016-12-23 where we performed the installation of operating system updates. This installation includes the latest critical patches, as recommended by Microsoft. While in our regression tests, we include testing these patches, sometimes those leave the server in a unstable state, being necessary to perform a reboot.
Due to the installation of a specific patch in your environment, which included the latest version of the .NET Framework we needed to restart the server today, around 14:00, to assure a full recovery of the environment.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused and we are working towards minimizing the impact these type of maintenance has on the platform, for future occurrences."

After they rebooted the server, the error is gone!

Thank you Kilian and Ricardo. You guys are awesome!