Add Menu Block  to the web screen

Add Menu Block  to the web screen

Hai,

Recently i have started to study the Outsystems 10 , I working with movie database which was in the training course. I can not able to drag the Movie web screen to Menu web block. Here i have attached the screen shot for the reference.

Thank you

Reva

Hi Reva,

You're trying to drop a screen on a reference web-block (not from the current module) which is not possible. 

Did you create an empty module and started from there? Why do you have 2 modules OSMDb and OSMDbP?

Hi João Neves,

Thank you for the reply. In the tutorial of "Developing Outsystems web application" , at  "07_Widgets I Exercise" pdf page no 31 .  it has specified that Drag the Movie screen to Menu web-blcok. 

The first Module OSMDb is the entity module and another "OSMBDbP" is the responsive (Presentation).

still i don't know how to do it. can you please explain it in detail.

Thank you

Reva.

Hi Reva,

If you take a look at figure 54 from page 31 of "07_Widgets I Exercise" you'll notice that the module tree looks a bit different than yours. On the pdf the "Menu" WebBlock is part of the "Common" flow (or "MainFlow" in your case). Like João Neves said, your "Menu" is just a reference.

You must have a made a mistake in one of the previous tutorials. If you can't identify at which step you made the mistake then you can always use the .oap provided in the tutorial resources folder.

Regards,

Henrique Henriques

I'm not sure this was a mistake, I'm having the same problem. What I found out is that when I create a new application, only the first module has the "Common" element on the interface navigation. I'm new as well so I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to be, if so the tutorial has a problem. It's impossible to drag to an element that isn't there. 

Pierce Baugh wrote:

I'm not sure this was a mistake, I'm having the same problem. What I found out is that when I create a new application, only the first module has the "Common" element on the interface navigation. I'm new as well so I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to be, if so the tutorial has a problem. It's impossible to drag to an element that isn't there. 

I am facing exactly the same problem. In the tutorial, there is a OSMDb > UI Flows > Common tree, but not in my own module which I created in Widget I exercise. I now cannot create the menu for Movies (page 31) and People (p.39). Is it possible that something changed in the IDE while the tutorial is still referring to an older, incompatible, version?

Aldo de Moor wrote:

Pierce Baugh wrote:

I am facing exactly the same problem. In the tutorial, there is a OSMDb > UI Flows > Common tree, but not in my own module which I created in Widget I exercise. I now cannot create the menu for Movies (page 31) and People (p.39). Is it possible that something changed in the IDE while the tutorial is still referring to an older, incompatible, version?

I seem to have found a solution. I deleted the module with the lacking Common folder and re-created it. Now it was there. Strangely, yesterday, when I did the same, it kept not showing the Common folder. Hopefully, it remains stable.