Multi-line editing using “Editable Table” Record Widget

Multi-line editing using “Editable Table” Record Widget

I have a requirement for a web screen to do multi-line update so I used the “Editable Table” Record Widget.

However, my "business user" finds it tedious to press the yes/no pop-up button for each and every record. 

Then, I hidden the yes/no pop-up through CSS coding. But, when I tried to edit a record without the yes/no pop-up button this would restrict me to go other records until such time I hit the "enter" key. Which is not possible when I am accessing the app in mobile devices.

Is there an alternative to this? Appreciate your response on this. Thank you in advance.

Please provide more explanation.

I added these codes to my CSS. 

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

.EditableTable tr.Selected + tr.RowControlGroup .ControlActions {
  display: none
}

Now, the yes/no pop-up no longer displays but I cannot shift to other record once I edited a single record.

So basically, the process stops once I selected a record.

My goal is to use the "Editable Table" minus the yes/no pop-up and do a one-time save (into Salesforce) of all the records  that I updated in the "Editable Table".

Thank you!

Solution

Hi Raymond,

I am afraid that you won't be able to achieve that behavior with the EditableTable widget.

This widget is designed to allow you create or edit multiple records on an entity in a easier way. However it is not designed for saving multiple records in a one-time way. 

If you really want that behavior I would suggest you to create that pattern using the TableRecords widget. Being a basic element, it has more flexibility on adding new logic and features.

Let me recommend you to check the EditableTableExamples component where you can see "How to make a TableRecords behave like an Editable Table?"

Cheers,

Luís Figueiredo

Solution

Thank you so much Luís Figueiredo for your response. I'll try this using the Table Records widgets instead.

Regards,

Raymond Reyes