Pushwoosh Deeplink

Hello All,

I have been playing with pushwoosh plugin, and encounter the following problem:

When i send a push and the app is closed, when i click on the notification it will open the app. Work as expected.

If i send a deeplink push and the app is open i have set the notification handler and handels the notification right.
But if the app is closed and the push have a deeplink it only open the app and do nothing with "deeplink".
I don´t know how to solve this.

Solution

Hi Jorge,

In order to fix this issue, open the attached module and copy the Common/Splash/OnLoadComplete action to your Common/Splash screen.

This is an issue with the app template that you used, and we're going to release a new version of Silk this week to make sure this doesn't happen in the future...

Cheers,
R

Solution

Hi Rodrigo,
I will do that.
Thank you.

Did this work? I'm still receiving an error...

Hi Christopher,

Please check sample working as expected here (forge component sample).

Hope it helps you.

Best regards

Daniel Martins wrote:

Hi Christopher,

Hope it helps you.

Best regards

Hi Daniel, 

I tried the sample and if I'm using a deep link for some reason it keeps firing this event again and again after redirect occurs. Any idea?

Roman Tkachenko wrote:

Daniel Martins wrote:

Hi Christopher,

Hope it helps you.

Best regards

Hi Daniel, 

I tried the sample and if I'm using a deep link for some reason it keeps firing this event again and again after redirect occurs. Any idea?

Hi Roman,

No idea why, indeed that's the place responsible for the redirect. You are using the sample using android or ios?

Please make sure that you are defining correctly the deeplink:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Development_FAQs/How_to_Define_Mobile_App_Deep_Links

Remark: App identifier you defined when generating your Mobile App Package in lowercase and no blank spaces.

I'm using iOS. App identifier is lowercase, deep link is also fine. Event is still cycled. Also, it never hits pushnotificationDeepLInk event.. 

Roman Tkachenko wrote:

I'm using iOS. App identifier is lowercase, deep link is also fine. Event is still cycled. Also, it never hits pushnotificationDeepLInk event.. 

It seems that you were able to understand what was wrong and you posted in a new thread:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/43474/unhandled-error-while-opening-app-using-a-deep-link/

I will try to give you more feedback in the new thread.

Best regards,

Daniel Martins

Daniel Martins wrote:

Roman Tkachenko wrote:

It seems that you were able to understand what was wrong and you posted in a new thread:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/43474/unhandled-error-while-opening-app-using-a-deep-link/

I will try to give you more feedback in the new thread.

Best regards,

Daniel Martins

Actually, I didn't. I'm trying to use OneSignal now. It doesn't have the looping issue, but still deep link doesn't work as expected when user is not logged in. 

Hi Roman,

If you are using OneSignal you can use the following Forge sample.

In OneSignal console LAUNCH URL should be something like:

com.outsystemscloud.danielmartins.OneSignalPluginSample://OneSignalPluginSample/MobileNotificationScreen?Parameter1=Value1&Parameter2=Value2

<app-identifier>://<module>/<screen>?<Parameter1>=<Value1>&<Parameter2>=<Value2>

I am testing using android without any unexpected behaviour, should not be any different on ios.

Best regards,

Daniel Martins

Daniel Martins wrote:

Hi Roman,

If you are using OneSignal you can use the following Forge sample.

In OneSignal console LAUNCH URL should be something like:

com.outsystemscloud.danielmartins.OneSignalPluginSample://OneSignalPluginSample/MobileNotificationScreen?Parameter1=Value1&Parameter2=Value2

<app-identifier>://<module>/<screen>?<Parameter1>=<Value1>&<Parameter2>=<Value2>

I am testing using android without any unexpected behaviour, should not be any different on ios.

Best regards,

Daniel Martins

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your suggestion, I am using this sample and the deep link structure as well. Still, I get an unhandled exception when the user is logged out..