[BUG FOUND] Outsystems Community ranking is being miscalculated

[BUG FOUND] Outsystems Community ranking is being miscalculated

Strange? My profile score suddenly went from ranked #4 to rank #23811 ?

A ranking where you're not in top10 makes no sense to me, but let it be. I jumped more than 70 places :D 

Are you sure you haven't created a new account?

Yes, I did not create a new account :)

You can see the scores dont match, on the ladder page it shows 1477 post, on the profile page it shows 0 post.

(Can't be 0 post, because this post right here in this thread would at least count as 1 or 2 post?)

All my profile data has been reset for some reason?

Besides having my community score rest (and not recalculating it)

I also found out that my ideas post was reduced from 155 idea post to 147 post.

I wonder why? then I found out some of my ideas were merged

But outsystems merge ideas and calculates scores in a very strange way...for example,

http://www.outsystems.com/ideas/2691/organize-environment-applications-in-service-studio

I posted an idea in 2015, then someone else posted a similar idea in 2016, and my idea post is merged with the same but latest idea post, shouldn't you merge all similar newst ideas post with the oldest idea post? (whoever posted the idea first is scored)

Here is a screenshot of 18th of November 2016, prior to my score being reset down to 0.

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20161118204853/https://www.outsystems.com/community/leaderboard/

That's very odd, seems a glitch. I wouldn't worry, this must be fixable.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

That's very odd, seems a glitch. I wouldn't worry, this must be fixable.

Most likely it's not on purpose, outsystems process stop working when it was recalculating the new score? Something happened. 

Yeah, we've already tried to get OS attention in the MVP channel, so I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

They recently tinkered with the score system in response to this thread I created. Maybe something broke in the process?

That thread doesn't seem to be publicly available. We'll take your word for it :)

Miguel

Aurelio Santos wrote:

They recently tinkered with the score system in response to this thread I created. Maybe something broke in the process?

Hi Robert,

As Killian mentioned, OS should be looking into it. Community scores have behaved awkwardly for the past few months...

Trying to find an explanation, may it be due to the Forge score calculation? I see that Swiitch Pty Limited is really well positioned. Did you change ownership of the Forge components? I haven't yet understood how is OS calculating points for that - who gets points? All contributors? Some transparency on this would be welcome.

Also bug with idea post aswell...  merge is broken aswell for example most of my ideas are merged with newer ideas.... and I keep on losing points everytime someone comes up with the same idea I already posted. 

The person who came up with the initial idea should get the points but often this is not the Case! the person who gets the points is often any person, it just depends when a merge takes place,. Strange way to merge!? There needs to be some rules here! 

Tiago Neves wrote:

Hi Robert,

As Killian mentioned, OS should be looking into it. Community scores have behaved awkwardly for the past few months...

Trying to find an explanation, may it be due to the Forge score calculation? I see that Swiitch Pty Limited is really well positioned. Did you change ownership of the Forge components? I haven't yet understood how is OS calculating points for that - who gets points? All contributors? Some transparency on this would be welcome.

That's interesting, that's my company account! both my personal and company account are highly ranked.

but my company account should be below my personal account, it should be fixed soon?

Robert, I've had word from OS they're going to look into this.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Robert, I've had word from OS they're going to look into this.

thanks Kilian!

Update from outsystems support team below, will see how long it takes to resolve this issue (it's been over 1 month so far).

-----------

Ruben Ponte on 2017-01-25 16:12

Hi Robert,

We would like to provide you an update on this case progress.

Unfortunately this issue is still being addressed by our internal team but they haven't yet been able to find a permanent solution for this issue.

They are trying to fix it as soon as possible and when we have a new update about this situation we will let you know.

Meanwhile should you have any question about this subject please don't hesitate in letting us know.

Sorry once again for the delay in fixing this issue and for any inconvenient this might be causing you.

With best regards,
Ruben Ponte

Hey everyone, 

Community scoring, profiles and points are very dear to our hearts, and important! As I know they are to all of you. I just wanted to come in here and drop a note to say that we are focusing our efforts on developing some better processes and systems that I think you will be excited about. This takes time, because we want to do it right.

In the meantime, you're continued feedback on anything you notice, or any ideas are appreciated! I will be sure to update this thread with any updates and include you in the process as it makes sense.

Thank you all for your patience and support in this process while we make our community better.

Cheers!

-Alexandra

Thanks Alexandra

After recalculating the scores, also make sure ladder board displays the correct ranking, you can compare it here https://web.archive.org/web/20161118210919/http://www.outsystems.com/community/leaderboard/ 

hi,

can you please take a look again to your score? We made some improvements and I'd like to check with you if everything is fine now!

Thanks

Ana

Ana wrote:

hi,

can you please take a look again to your score? We made some improvements and I'd like to check with you if everything is fine now!

Thanks

Ana

Hi Ana,

yesterday I replied to someone in the forums and this person was ranked #238. Only one post and one certification. Can this be accurate? Seems odd...

The profile in question -> https://www.outsystems.com/profile/81145/frank-rijkhoff/

It's very weird! I'll take a look. Thank you for sharing!

Ana Sequeira

Hi Ana,

I've noticed also the situation Joao refers to. I did reply about the same subject on the other thread (read here)

Hi guys,

This community user is ranked 238# because of the training score, that is very high. 

Tiago, as soon as possible, I will read carefully the other thread to make sure I can answer all your questions.

Ana