[Firebase] Examples of Token,AppURL and TargetIdentifier()

[Firebase] Examples of Token,AppURL and TargetIdentifier()

Forge Component
(8)
Published on 16 May by OutSystems Labs
8 votes
Published on 16 May by OutSystems Labs

Hello,

I can't get this component to work..
Espacially the 3 required variables are so confusing.

Where do you get the token, AppUrl and targetIdentifier from?

The AppURL is the name of your project right?
The token is the api Key?
And the targetIdentifier() is the sender id?

I'm confused.. :/

Greetings,
Niels

Hi Niels,

Yes, the token and appurl are exactly what you said.
The targetidentifier is just an accelerator for your implementation, it can be whatever you want it to be. The purpose is to identify the sender. The simplest implementation is to use the UserId but it could be a PurchaseId for example.

Check our
ShoutSystems app for an example.
Feel free to ask more questions if you have doubts after taking a look at it.

Regards

Thanks!
What if there is no login required?

I tried to understand the ShoutSystems app, but I don't understand how we can actually test it?

Regards

Hi Niels,

Sorry for the late reply, somehow missed your answer with a question.
There is no problem if you have no login, you just have to find a way to identify things. Either it is a conversation, a package, a sale, etc... It will always have a unique id.

To test ShoutSystem you have to install it on a personal and use two browser windows to send and receive messages. One in incognito mode or two different browsers.

Regards

Francisco Afonso wrote:

Hi Niels,

There is no problem if you have no login, you just have to find a way to identify things. Either it is a conversation, a package, a sale, etc... It will always have a unique id.

To test ShoutSystem you have to install it on a personal and use two browser windows to send and receive messages. One in incognito mode or two different browsers.

Regards

Hi Francisco,

Is there any documentation available on "ShoutSystem". Some overview documentation, on Firebase event triggered/what events triggered / how the message get sent in the chat app. Also how to setup the app. I am trying to integrate this chat app in one of my mobile app, but couldn't understand how the app works. Appreciate your help.

Thank you,

MN

Murthy Nemani wrote:

Francisco Afonso wrote:

Hi Niels,

Regards

Hi Francisco,

Is there any documentation available on "ShoutSystem". Some overview documentation, on Firebase event triggered/what events triggered / how the message get sent in the chat app. Also how to setup the app. I am trying to integrate this chat app in one of my mobile app, but couldn't understand how the app works. Appreciate your help.

Thank you,

MN

I am able to figure this out.