Input displayed as hyperlink

Input displayed as hyperlink

  

Is there a way to display the text in the Textbox as hyperlink because it needs to add urls into the text field and since there is no url datatype like email datatype. So i have to put my own validation around it.

If I am talking in plain HTML <Input type="text" Text="<A href="bla bla"/>  > along those lines.


Cheers


Do you want to display hyperlink once you complete typing hyperlink in the textbox?

Sandeep,

It seem you need more of a wysiwig editor than a plain text box?

Sandeep Kapil wrote:

If I am talking in plain HTML <Input type="text" Text="<A href="bla bla"/>  > along those lines.

Hi Sandeep,

That's not valid HTML code. What you could do is use javascript to open the URL when the user clicks on the input. Something like this:

<script>
    $('#inputUrl').click(function () {
        window.open($(this).val());
    });
</script>


Hi Sandeep,

You should use something like CKEditor, that you can download from the forge:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/97/ckeditor/

Let me know if this is an option,

Justin

Suraj Borade wrote:

Do you want to display hyperlink once you complete typing hyperlink in the textbox?

Hi Suraj - After saving that link, yes I want to display it as a hyperkink so that user clicks on it and navigate to an intranet site.

Aurelio - That's the alternative way i am trying to do it. But the navigation button is not firing up the event, it's just goes to a screen whereby i needs to add whatever available from the left hand side tool box. Or I don't know how I can embed javascript there directly.



Justin Babel wrote:

Hi Sandeep,

You should use something like CKEditor, that you can download from the forge:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/97/ckeditor/

Let me know if this is an option,

Justin

Hi Justin - I can look at that but outsystems normally out of box doesn't allow to do that sort of stuff hey?


Sandeep Kapil wrote:

Justin Babel wrote:

Hi Sandeep,

You should use something like CKEditor, that you can download from the forge:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/97/ckeditor/

Let me know if this is an option,

Justin

Hi Justin - I can look at that but outsystems normally out of box doesn't allow to do that sort of stuff hey?


Its not that you wouldn't be able to find a way to make it work, but in my opinion, you would be finding a 'hackish' way to make it work, where the CKEditor supports inserting links and html editing through the text box.