Number of application objects for a solution

Number of application objects for a solution

Hi

Is there anyway to get an overview of the number of a application objects used in a solution ?  We have unlimited objects in Dev, and limited objects in TST and PROD.  We'd like to know the exact size of our solution, without having to deploy it.

I've created a solution, however the solutions overview page does not display the total number of application objects being used.

Regards

Bilal

Solution

Hi Bilal,

You can get a report of AOs per module in Service Center > Administration > Licensing > Application Objects.

Note that it will include all published modules, so you'll have to filter out the ones not in your solution.

Solution

Hi Paulo,

I am using version 9.0.1.4 and i am unable to see the link you mentioned to see Application object.

Regards

-PJ-

You may not have permissions to access that screen.

AO's are easy to count in SS.

1 per screen (web screens, email screens, mobile web screens and sms screens but not web blocks)

1 per Entity (Tables made in SS and tables from Integration Studio)

1 per method (web services exposed or consumed)

Hi Nuno,

I am having administartor role .

Hi All,

I contacted support for this and they replied " The license you have at the moment provides you with a count of Software Units (SU) instead of Application Objects (AO)".

Reagards

-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

Software Units are the "old" measure of things, Application Objects the "new" measure. It doesn't really matter which one you have, on the Licensing page there's a link to the details page that lists the SUs or AOs per module.

Kilian,

The license we have doesn't show us the link to see AO'S , and that's why i created a support ticket and than they replied back with the license thing .

See this screen shot from my service center

Regards

-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

Perhaps I wasn't making myself clear. Licenses of the Platform are either in SUs or in AOs. You cannot see the AOs of your license is in SUs or vice versa. You can indeed request support for a temporary AO license if you have an SU license, but this is normally only needed if you plan to switch license models.

Kilian Thanks you for sharing your knowledge,

You are correct the temporary license is an option to see AO count , however platform keep this information in a system entity [OSSYS_REPORT_METRICS] i managed to extracted it from there .

Regards

-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

Thanks, that's useful information :).