Camera Overlay

Hi all,

i want to use the camera in iOS to make pictures and recognize them with Abbyys. I use the CameraPlugin and it works fine. But ... i will add a frameoverlay in the camera, to show the user how to take the picture. e.g. lines in the edges. Anybody an idea how to realize it?

Jens

Solution

Hello Jens,

If you only need it for iOS, you can try the CameraPreview plugin. It allows doing whatever overlay you want, using the screen editor.

Cheers,
R

Solution

anyway of doing this in android?

Check the attached module. It should allow you to have camera preview on android.

Kudos to Miguel Ventura, he was the one implementing this module!

Cheers,
R

Rodrigo Coutinho wrote:

Check the attached module. It should allow you to have camera preview on android.

Kudos to Miguel Ventura, he was the one implementing this module!

Cheers,
R

attachment doesnt seem to work

Try this one.

Stacey Levine wrote:

Try this one.

is there a link on the forum for this?  the camera is really really dark just wondering how can i tweak it

I have not put the component in the forge yet. I need to finish with the sample and then I will. You should be able to tweak the provided application in this thread.  I have used it in several applications and it works great. You may have a problem with your camera or the lighting where you are trying it. I have been using a Samsung Galaxy S6.

Rodrigo Coutinho wrote:

Hello Jens,

If you only need it for iOS, you can try the CameraPreview plugin. It allows doing whatever overlay you want, using the screen editor.

Cheers,
R

Hi Tried this plugin, but the image result resolution is low n blurry, i try to increase the maxWidth n maxHeight but still no luck, 

any ideas ?