[Cropper Mobile] CropImage action invoked but no instance of Cropper is ready. Please handle the Ready

[Cropper Mobile] CropImage action invoked but no instance of Cropper is ready. Please handle the Ready

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 5 Jan by OutSystems Labs
3 votes
Published on 5 Jan by OutSystems Labs

Hi,

All was working ok but at some point I started have this errors:

onload — CropperMobile.Cropper.js:10:7425TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'this.response')

CropImage action invoked but no instance of Cropper is ready. Please handle the Ready event.

And no cropping overlay is displayed.

I've put log on imagecropperReady event and it is not loaded.

What could be the reason?

I've tried install latest version from forge but it didn't help.

Thank you

Hi Mykola,

I'm not sure if i'm understanding the use case. Can you send me an oml with the issue present?

Regards

Hi Francisco.

The Ready handler associated event is not triggered.

Unfortunately I can't attach oml.

Can you replicate it in another application with the same implementation?
Following our Demo and Directory application implementations i cant reproduce the issue.

Regards

Hi Francisco,

I've tried in a new app and all is working. I guess there might be conflict with other plugins I use. I will test it and get back with results.

Are there known conflicts?

Hi Francisco,

I found the source of problem - it is Offline.js library. If I include it in my app required scripts it causes above mentioned problem.

I've attached texts oml with script included. If you remove offline.js the cropper is loaded properly and you can see crop blue rectangle after adding an image.

I would appreciate any suggestion on how to fix it as this library is essential to our app an it is the one recommended in Outsystems blog for proper connection detection.

Thank you.

Hi Mykola,

I'll take a look at it as soon as i have some spare time and will share with you my conclusions.

Regards

Solution

Hi Francisco,

I've managed to solve conflict by updating cropper library to latest version. Also had to replace built method with ready on InitCropper function:
options.ready = function(){$actions.TriggerBuiltEvent()};

I've attached oml of CropperMobile with updates.

Best regards,

Nick

Solution

Hey Mykola,

Great to know! Thanks for sharing the solution. I'll add a task to our backlog to update a release a new version.
Thank you!

Regards