(5)
Published on 2015-01-30 by Pedro Cardoso
5 votes
Published on 2015-01-30 by Pedro Cardoso

Hi, 

Someone has an example of audio record? 

I can't save the record to database.

Hi ,

It would be great if someone share the example for the audio record.

Kind Regards 

Jesu

Note I put this under 'html5 goodies' but I actually tried to use the 'audio record plugin' which would be preferable if possible.

Same here. I can see we get a blob url / uri thing back, but really struggling to work out how to get that into a binary variable to record to a database, or even just open it again to play - passing the uri to a variable then to a javascript, creating an audio entity and setting src=uri_var doesn't work, so presumably some clever encoding to base64 or decodign or appending with stuff... It also apparently creates a uri ending in .mp4 for an audio file and yet only mp3, ogg & wav discussed as being acceptible audio formats. All a bit of a blocker to getting on and testing audio within outsystems.

Ideally, I'd use the plugin already in existance, use that URI it creates to save something to a database (just need the binary from the URI somehow for that bit), then any nuances to using that binary with a standard audioelement.play(), or rather setting the source to load it, presumably some cunning required when later loading it.

Thanks!!!