Access to Web API from personal OutSystems user cloud environment

Access to Web API from personal OutSystems user cloud environment

HI,

I have done set up for personal outsystems environment and created Web API. Also hosted the webapi services on company network. 

So I want to know whether it is possible to connect my webapi services to my outsystems personal cloud environment and can I connect to any cloud database or any inbuilt database tables which is created for my personal account.

If possible please provide any documentation details.

Regards,

Jay Rathod

Hi Jay,

I'm not sure what you're trying to do. You created a REST or SOAP service? Where is it running, at your personal environment or at your company? And what are you trying to consume, the PE one or your company one?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Jay,

I'm not sure what you're trying to do. You created a REST or SOAP service? Where is it running, at your personal environment or at your company? And what are you trying to consume, the PE one or your company one?

Hi Kilian

We have created Rest Web API on company environment. Can I host this service in PE.

Regards,

Jay Rathod

Ah, that's what you mean. Yes, I would think that shoudn't pose a problem, as long as all the data the API is exposing is available there.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Ah, that's what you mean. Yes, I would think that shoudn't pose a problem, as long as all the data the API is exposing is available there.

Hi Kilian,

Please let me know how to host WebAPI in OutSystems Personal environment(cloud). If it is possible then kindly provide documentation link.

Regards,

Jay Rathod

Hi Jay,

I'm not sure what you mean. Your personcal cloud environment is just an environment like any other. Just publish the eSpace exposing the REST in your environment, and consume it from somewhere else.

Hi Jay,

It's not very clear what is it exactly that you're trying to do. Was your "Web API" developed in Outsystems? If so, all you have to do is publish it to your personal environment and consume it as needed. If it was not developed in Outsystems, then no, you cannot host it in your personal environment.

The best you could do would be to develop in Outsystems an intermediate layer between your API and the consumers. The API itself would still have to be hosted somewhere else though.