Json deserialize return "" (blank)

hi there, 

I try to upload excel, serialize it, deserialize, and try to insert data to a table.

I capture the data serialized as expected:

[{"JSonTest":{"Id":0,"Name":"name01"}},{"JSonTest":{"Id":0,"Name":"name02"}}]

Unfortunately, the deserialize widget results 2 loops with Name= "".

Why doesn't it get the correct values?..name01 and name02? 

thank you,

indra

here is the oml, thank you for help.

Solution

indra budiantho wrote:

Oop... find at long last... List Record Type, not only List Type... remember to 'RECORD'

Solution

Gede wrote:

indra budiantho wrote:,

Oop... find at long last... List Record Type, not only List Type... remember to 'RECORD'

Hi Indra;

I'm having sort of the same error as you described in the beginning of the discussion. However I haven't understood what you meant with the last answer.

Did you mean that somehow the Data Type at the "JSONDeserializeJSonTestListxls" was wrong?

Thank you

Telmo

Telmo Oliveira wrote:

Gede wrote:

Hi Indra;

I'm having sort of the same error as you described in the beginning of the discussion. However I haven't understood what you meant with the last answer.

Did you mean that somehow the Data Type at the "JSONDeserializeJSonTestListxls" was wrong?

Thank you

Telmo

Hi Telmo,

Indeed, the data type at "JSONDeserializeJSonTestListxls" should be of type "JSonTest Record List" instead of "JSonTest List".

Regards,
Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Telmo Oliveira wrote:

Gede wrote:

Hi Indra;

Thank you

Telmo

Hi Telmo,

Indeed, the data type at "JSONDeserializeJSonTestListxls" should be of type "JSonTest Record List" instead of "JSonTest List".

Regards,
Nordin

Hi Nordin;

Got it, and it's working properly! :)

I was misunderstanding the difference between the List and Record List concepts - I just thought that the List as the list of the records by itself would be enough.

Thank you

Telmo

I'm glad I was able to help you Telmo :-). You're most welcome!

Regards,
Nordin

The diference in the json the using the "record" one is that it adds an extra level.

In the above example there is an extra { "JSonTest": ... }  than would not be there if the type was just a List.

So both types should work fine, is just that the types used in the Serialized variables must match the type used in Deserialize.