Service Studio thinks app is System Module?

Service Studio thinks app is System Module?

I am opening an .oml into v10 Service Studio for the first time. The upgrades goes fine but THEN I get the message 

"The module RediPayTemplate is a System module and can not be changed. Do you want to open a clone of the module?"

This happens on my template .oml and my theme .oml ... any idea why Service Studio thinks it is a System module?

Hi Bruce,

Can you share the oml?

João Neves wrote:

Hi Bruce,

Can you share the oml?

Here is the first one - the Template.

Bruce Buttles wrote:

João Neves wrote:

Hi Bruce,

Can you share the oml?

Here is the first one - the Template.

Here is the 2nd one - the Theme

Solution

Hi Bruce,

I am experiencing the same issue with your OMLs. 

If you do choose to clone the modules, and from there just change the name of the espace back to its original name, you can still publish it freely, and have the template and theme that you need in your environment.

As far as that message, service studio seems to be getting confused because the templates in P10 are now built in and the only way to open them is cloning them (i.e. Silk UI Web in P9 could be opened and changed, now in P10 it is built in like RichWidgets). Not sure why, if you created your theme/template from scratch, it would be recognizing it like it does with Dublin, Liverpool, etc as a system component.

I'm sure someone from OutSystems could answer that better than I could.

Justin

Solution

Justin Babel wrote:

Hi Bruce,

If you do choose to clone the modules, and from there just change the name of the espace back to its original name, you can still publish it freely, and have the template and theme that you need in your environment.

As far as that message, service studio seems to be getting confused because the templates in P10 are now built in and the only way to open them is cloning them (i.e. Silk UI Web in P9 could be opened and changed, now in P10 it is built in like RichWidgets). Not sure why, if you created your theme/template from scratch, it would be recognizing it like it does with Dublin, Liverpool, etc as a system component.

Justin

Thx Justin for trying it out ... that does seem to make sense why I am seeing that issue.

I will definitely go that route if the OS folks don't have another solution.

Justin Babel wrote:

Hi Bruce,

Justin

Just heard back from OS folks - yup - they said just make a clone and move forward.

Thx again!

Glad I could help!