[Firebase] Firebase for web app

[Firebase] Firebase for web app

Forge Component
(9)
Published on 24 Aug by OutSystems Labs
9 votes
Published on 24 Aug by OutSystems Labs

Hi,

I was wondering if I want to use forbade on web app I should include some library from firebase site or I can reuse this plugin?

Thank you.

Hi Mykola,

This component needs the UI web block so it only works for mobile/new runtime modules.
You can always use the firebase js sdk for a web app.

Regards

Hi,

I started testing the "Firebase Web" component, set up the firebase project and configured my eSpace following the "How to Configure the Firebase Plugin" thread.

I included a call to GetFirebaseData in my preparation, included the FirebaseReceiver in the screen like this:

I then I did a POST following Google's help using the POSTMAN extension (substituting the YOUR-SERVER-KEY and DEVICE_REGISTRATION_TOKEN), but I get an error message of "InvalidRegistration". This allegedly indicates that the Token GetFirebaseData() is returning is invalid or unknown.

Am I missing a step somewhere?

Thanks,

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

My bet would be that the example you're using from "Google's help" is for the Firebase SDK 3 while our component, including the generated token, is for Firebase SDK 2.

That said, Firebase web now has a notify action that uses a rest api. You can check how it is implemented and how you can do it with Postman.
Feel free to start a new thread on the Firebase Web component if you have any dificulty doing the web request from Postman.

Regards