Paging and Sorting resultset v10.0

Paging and Sorting resultset v10.0

Hi I am newbie to this tool. I downloaded and installed V10.0.302.0. I have list of 500 records that I need to display in table. It only shows the records based on the limit that is set in the properties. I am looking to implement page navigation and display total records information at the bottom on the table, and also I want to implement the sorting for the columns. Can someone please provide me the links or pointers to where I can find this step-by-step information. Thank you in advance.

MN

Solution

Hi Murthy,

If you right click on a entity under your 'Data' tab, and click the 'Create List Screen' option, the platform will automatically create a list screen with the data from that entity including pagination, dynamic sorting of columns, total records displayed, and excel export.

You can either use this directly for the screens you need, or make one as an example to follow the patterns for these controls.

Let me know if this helps,

Justin

Solution

Justin Babel wrote:

Hi Murthy,

If you right click on a entity under your 'Data' tab, and click the 'Create List Screen' option, the platform will automatically create a list screen with the data from that entity including pagination, dynamic sorting of columns, total records displayed, and excel export.

You can either use this directly for the screens you need, or make one as an example to follow the patterns for these controls.

Justin

Thank you so much Justin for the reply, but is there any tutorial out there which explains how it works, and how it can be done manually ( with out using the Richwidgets). 

Murthy Nemani wrote:

Justin Babel wrote:

Hi Murthy,

Justin

Thank you so much Justin for the reply, but is there any tutorial out there which explains how it works, and how it can be done manually ( with out using the Richwidgets). 

Hi Murthy,

I think the following exercise will help you out a little, if you plan on using the RichWidgets:

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/lesson/868/scaffolding-and-richwidgets-exercise/

Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to use the RichWidgets patterns?

Justin