Integration / SOAP API & number of Application Objects

Integration / SOAP API & number of Application Objects

Hi all, 

In order to integrate with our cloud based CRM, PerfectView, I had to specify the provided URL for the WSDL. The result ... about 135 methods to access the data in PerfectView. Great. However, I only use 3 or 4 of these methods. The rest of them I don't and won't use. 

Looking into the number of Application Objects used, I notice that my (quite small) app uses 170 AO's. I assume that all 135 methods are part of these 170 AO's. Quite an expensive integration :-)

Is there any way to reduce the number of AO's to the number of actually used methods?

Did some trial and testing myself and managed to reduce the number of AO's from 171 to 25 ... a reduction of 85%.

First of all I deleted all unused methods, remaining only 3 of them. Result: 42 AO's left.

Still a lot, so I looked further into it and found a number of generated entities an d quite a lot of generated structures. I first (recursively) deleted all unused structures, and then deleted the unused entities. Result: 25 AO's left.

In my case some time-consuming handwork, that will be undone once refreshing the SOAP web service / WSDL.

Is this the (only) way to handle an issue as described? Or is my case an exception, and doesn't the consumption of a SOAP webservice normally result in this many method's / structures / entities (and thus AO's)?

Hi Charles

Unfortunately there isn't a simpler way to do this in platform at the moment, your workaround is the only solution.

Thanks for replying Joao. 

Glad it's just a relative small inconvenience (in my case) ... once you know which objects you have to keep, the rest can be deleted quite fast.

Yeah, not fun.

you can also "fix" the wsdl. you only need to know when the wsdl is refreshed your methods are affected.

or you can import the wsdl via integration-studio and expose only those are needed.

Thanx J. I'm not that familiar yet with Integration Studio, didn't know that it's possible to import a WSDL and expose/use only the methods you need. I'll definitely have a look into it.

What do you mean with "fix" the WSDL? Making a personal copy of it and adjust it myself? Where do you store an adjusted WSDL so that I can use it in Service Studio?

well, you can load a wsdl from file:///c:\ etc, so if you have "stripped" the wsdl, you are good2go.

after all, only the endpoint really matters

J. wrote:

well, you can load a wsdl from file:///c:\ etc, so if you have "stripped" the wsdl, you are good2go.

after all, only the endpoint really matters

Thnx for explaining J. I'll give it a try