Welcome to the Community! Please introduce yourself! 

Welcome to the Community! Please introduce yourself! 

Howdy...

Hola, Welkom, Salut, Vítejte, Gruß, Willkommen, Hoi, Nazdar, Bienvenue, Witamy, Hej, Živjo, Velkommen, Czesc, Oi, Saudações, Salve, Benvenuto, Pozdrav, Hosgeldiniz, Gegroet, Salutacions, Benvingut, Saludos, Hei, Bemvindo, Hälsningar, Hi, Bienvenido, Välkommen, Saluto, Dobrodošli, Tervetuloa, Pozdrowienia, Salutation...

Welcome to the OutSystems Developer Community! There are so many awesome OutSystemers on this forum that we think it's important to create a space for you to share a little more about who you are and all the cool things you - yes you - are up to! Learn about our super users, the OutSystems MVPs, here.

Some questions you may answer to get your juices flowing...feel free to really add anything you would like to - as it relates to this thread!

• Who are you? (show us those pearly whites:smiley: — to start, just one photo if you please )
  • What is your industry and profession?
  • Where do you use OutSystems? Personally/professionally?
  • What brings you to the OutSystems Community? 
  • What specifically are you working on at the moment?
  • Why do you use OutSystems and what is your favorite thing about it? 
  • How proficient are you in OutSystems? Are you certified? 
  • Have you gone to an OutSystems NextStep event? 
  • What is your current set up? Computer type, OutSystems version...etc. (Your lake house and Ferrari don't count)
  • Share your social links. If you want, tell us where we can find you online! 
  • Do you have a Forge Component or Idea you would like to link to or show off to us?
  • Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., **you have the OutSystems logo tattooed on your arm.**True story!...)

Want to get to know who's behind the computer screen? Start with introducing yourself - to do so, click the Reply button at the bottom of this thread to begin your reply. 

Note that you'll need to be logged in first. If not, click the Login In button in the top right corner. If you've never logged into OutSystems, click the Sign Up button to get started.

Pro Tip: THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR SUPPORT. PLEASE DO NOT ASK A QUESTION HERE. THIS IS FOR INTRODUCING YOURSELF AND ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS ABOVE ONLY.

Community Quick Links

• What is your industry and profession? The newest addition to the OutSystems Developer Community team.
  • Where do you use OutSystems? Personally/professionally?I use OutSystems at work   but am also working on a few Forge Component projects personally. 
  • What brings you to the OutSystems Community? To help support and learn from all of you!
  • What specifically are you working on at the moment? Becoming OutSystems Certified!
  • Why do you use OutSystems and what is your favorite thing about it?I use OutSystems because I love the Low-Code approach. My favorite thing is the community of course! 
  • How proficient are you in OutSystems? Are you certified? I'm in the process of becoming Certified now!
  • Have you gone to an OutSystems NextStep event? I plan on going to the next one!
  • What is your current set up? I've got a Mac, and OutSystems 10, baby...
  • Do you have a Forge component or Idea you would like to link to or show off? Check back in a few months...   
  • Share your social links. You can find me on Twitter as @AlexandraABowen
  • Anything else you would like to tell us? I'm super excited to be here, and a part of the OutSystems Community!
  • Bonus: Take a pic of your current setup. I work from home with my cats...so here's my setup.

I wanted to elaborate on the *true story* mentioned above...Our very own MVP, Justin James does indeed have the OutSystems logo tattooed on his arm! 

• Justin James... tried uploading a picture but they all came out sideways for some reason (I'll blame the iPhone!).
  • I am an internal OutSystems consultant for FICO
  • I use it professionally
  • Been using OutSystems for 8 years now!
  • Performing a big refactoring, then moving on to take a customer-specific project and turning it into a project template.
  • OutSystems is the easiest, best, fastest, more reliable way to deliver working Web applications to-spec that I have ever found.
  • I am super-proficient, though not so much in mobile since P10 came out. My certification lapsed a while ago.
  • Yes, many! Three or four in Lisbon, one or two in Atlanta.
  • Depends... home PC is a custom build connected to a 40" 4K TV... work laptop is awful so I RDP into it from the desktop to give myself the 4K screen there too. I also just got a really nice 13" HP Spectre laptop which I *love*. Using OS versions 8, 9.0, 9.1, and 10
  • I've got a bunch of Forge components, the most popular one is the Sortable which I enhanced a lot, and View4Entity which I did a bunch of work on
  • Hey... wait... I *do* have the OutSystems logo tattooed onto my arm! Got it the day before NextStep 2016 in Lisbon, when I got into the city.

J.Ja

• Who are you? I'm Pramod Jain Based in India 

• What is your industry and profession?   Information technology, business analytics, application management and business process solutions.
  • Where do you use OutSystems? Personally/professionally?I use OutSystems at work   and an active member of Outsystems Community and love to contribute , i am also working on a few Forge Component that will be available  soon.
  • What brings you to the OutSystems Community? To help support and learn from all of community memebrs and also to share my little knowledge with everyone.
  • What specifically are you working on at the moment? Becoming OutSystems Certified!
  • Why do you use OutSystems and what is your favorite thing about it?It just not a platform to code your project but its a complete package , you can develop ,monitor , deploy  and  analyse your complete project . Love Forge library and  a great community with knowledge from all the world.
  • How proficient are you in OutSystems? Are you certified? I was certified but my certificate expired last year.
  • Have you gone to an OutSystems NextStep event? No , i always want to be there but so far no Luck.
  • What is your current set up? Taking my Team to Version 10 .
  • Do you have a Forge component or Idea you would like to link to or show off? I am working on some really required an basic extension and will be available soon ..
  • Anything else you would like to tell us? I  want to see my self in Outsystems MVP list soon...I 'm super excited to be here, and a part of the OutSystems Community!
  • Bonus: Take a pic of your current setup. 
  • Who are you? I'm Justin Babel, currently live in New Jersey, right outside of Philadelphia. (We were making our serious face in the picture   )

• What is your industry and profession? Software Engineer at Lapis Software Associates, using OutSystems, of course!
  • Where do you use OutSystems? Personally/professionally?At work, was originally introduced to OutSystems from my first job out of college, at Wodify. Now using at Lapis. Also love working on personal projects and making forge components.
  • What brings you to the OutSystems Community? To give other developer's information based on my experiences, and to learn based on other developer's experiences. To strengthen the community in any way that I can   
  • What specifically are you working on at the moment? New implementations of internal product on OutSystems 10.
  • Why do you use OutSystems and what is your favorite thing about it?I was skeptic at first, but from my experiences, OutSystems gives one developer the power the be able to develop what ever they can imagine, and quick. I am now completely sold on OutSystems now, and love using it and watching as the platform grows.
  • How proficient are you in OutSystems? Are you certified? I'm very proficient, have worked in environments starting with P7, but obviously prefer to work in P10!
  • Have you gone to an OutSystems NextStep event? I was in Lisbon during a NextStep, but did not end up making it out.
  • What is your current set up? Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition, using P8, P9, P9.1, and P10
  • Do you have a Forge component or Idea you would like to link to or show off? Sort and store your table columns dynamically! http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/1789/dragtable-js/ 
  • Anything else you would like to tell us? I love being a part of this community of great people, who love helping each other.
  • Bonus: Take a pic of your current setup.