Video widget in mobile app won't play and error when publishing

Video widget in mobile app won't play and error when publishing

Hi,

In a mobile app we are trying to embed a video using Outsystems standard video widget.

Under Data/Resources we imported the video and set its Deploy Action to Deploy to Target Directory.

In the Video widget property SourceFile, is set to the imported videofile with value videos\videofile.URL.

Now this plays fine in Google Chrome webbrowser on my laptop, but not under Outsystems Now app in my phone.

Can anyone give some advice how to get the video played in the app?

Also, now when i try to publish i get the following error:

Error message from node SERVER (127.0.0.1): Internal Error
Cannot delete the file 'C:\OutSystems\Sandboxes\IA96O5006\Platform Server
unning\videos\vid.mp4'. Please check if a third-party program is using it and try again.
CompModule : Broadcast Message

I tried closing Service Studio and reopen it but have to wait some minutes before i can publish again.

Also, my phone sometimes gives a SSL error when starting up Outsystems Now. 

Is there something wrong with Outsystems server sometimes?

Thanks for your help/advice.

Regards,

Ken.

Solution

FYI , seems like embedding a video is causing all the problems. We are using a url link with iframe tags now in our app and problem is solved. 

Solution

OutsystemsRookie wrote:

FYI , seems like embedding a video is causing all the problems. We are using a url link with iframe tags now in our app and problem is solved. 

Hi, I am having the exact same error. What is a iframe tag? So I can reapply the solution. I will appreciate if you can share an example! Thank you!

Hi Isa,

It has been awhile. Iframe is a HTML tag.See screenshot.

Thank you for your response. You are using the HTML element  for Mobile apps, but when you are working with Web apps you do not have the HTML widget, do you include the iframe tag through an expression? I know that these are very basic questions, but I'm still learning! Thank you!

Yes, this was in a mobile app. I am actually not that experienced as well, but in a web application maybe you can create a webblock with a link or video plugin to the video itself that you want to show. 

Maybe following is helpful: 

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/10464/play-a-video/