String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated

String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated

please, i'm desperated this error appear in mi app "String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated" i do not know what to do, i'm a begginer in outsystems, what Should i do?

Solution

Hi Leidy, welcome to OutSystems community!

That is actually an SQL Server error. It happens when you try to insert/update a record on the database, with some value that is larger than the database field can hold.

For example, if you create an entity Person, and an attribute Name with Length 50 (which is the default), then it can only store texts up to 50 characters in length. If your user tries to insert a larger name, your application will display that error.

The solution is to identify which is the field that has too small of a Length, and then simply increase it.

Solution

Leonardo Fernandes wrote:

Hi Leidy, welcome to OutSystems community!

That is actually an SQL Server error. It happens when you try to insert/update a record on the database, with some value that is larger than the database field can hold.

For example, if you create an entity Person, and an attribute Name with Length 50 (which is the default), then it can only store texts up to 50 characters in length. If your user tries to insert a larger name, your application will display that error.

The solution is to identify which is the field that has too small of a Length, and then simply increase it.

Thanks!!!!