Server and DataBase, App with large access!!

Server and DataBase, App with large access!!

Hello, I'm building a new app, and on this app i will have a lot of people using the app, I know that if i use the normal DataBase cloud of the outsystem will not support. So what i have to do, if i just integrate with a separated server besides the cloud of the outsystem it will work or i have to create an database too and etc...

I don't know to much about this part, if someone could help me I aprecciate..!

Hello Vinicius,

If you want to use the OutSystems cloud offer, you can scale your database up to 8 virtual cores and 61GB memory, as described in this article.

If you need to go above these values in terms of scalability, you'll need to move to an on-premise installation of the DB and OutSystems.

Out of curiosity, what type of load are you expecting for your app? What are your concerns in terms of the platform being able to handle it?

Thanks,
Rodrigo

Rodrigo Coutinho wrote:

Hello Vinicius,

If you want to use the OutSystems cloud offer, you can scale your database up to 8 virtual cores and 61GB memory, as described in this article.

If you need to go above these values in terms of scalability, you'll need to move to an on-premise installation of the DB and OutSystems.

Out of curiosity, what type of load are you expecting for your app? What are your concerns in terms of the platform being able to handle it?

Thanks,
Rodrigo

So i cant use an database and server outside the outsystem for my app on the outsystem besides upgrading my outsystem account?

I will have a lot of data from a lot of stores to show, i will use google maps, will use entities with a lot of records...

My idea was to use and outside database and server besides thinking in upgrade the ousystem...

Can i? 

Hi Vinicius,

Sorry, I misunderstood your goal. :-) If you want to connect to an external database to fetch data and use on your application, you can do it. Just follow the instructions on how to connect to an external database.

Cheers,
R

Rodrigo Coutinho wrote:

Hi Vinicius,

Sorry, I misunderstood your goal. :-) If you want to connect to an external database to fetch data and use on your application, you can do it. Just follow the instructions on how to connect to an external database.

Cheers,
R

So with a external database on a external server i don't have to worry with outsystems storage right?