Intergration Studio - error occurred while saving the Extension.

Intergration Studio - error occurred while saving the Extension.

  

Hi,

We have created a class libary that uses DevExpress components to produce a DevExpress report as a binary pdf file. We have created an Extension that uses this class libary returing the pdf to the user. On adding the DevExpress references to extension, when we try and publish the extension, Integration studio 

fails on the saving extension step.  It has no issue compiling the extension. 

We are on platform server Version 10.0.302.0

The Error we get

Environmental Fault 

An error occurred while saving the Extension: 'Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.'.


Can someone please point me in the right direction to resolve. 


Hi Leon,

How big is the extension and library you're trying to publish?

Does it also happen when publishing through Service Center?

Hi Leon Nel.
Can you do integration Outsystems with XtraReports?

Hi Paulo/João

We managed to do the publish using the , an error does still occur occasionally. Normally resolved by making sure the C# class library has not added unnecessary Devexpress references. Remove those, refresh the references on the Outsystem extension, and it normally goes through

Hi Leon Nel, I managed to do it.
I don't understand how make the integration because I'm using outsystems cloud and I don't access to data base neither to installation server outsystems. So, on design of report I can't used a datasource, I would need use a ILIST<T>.
Do you know how to do it?

Leon Nel wrote:

Hi Paulo/João

We managed to do the publish using the , an error does still occur occasionally. Normally resolved by making sure the C# class library has not added unnecessary Devexpress references. Remove those, refresh the references on the Outsystem extension, and it normally goes through

Hi Leon,

I am experiencing the same problem and solved it partially, maybe something here will be useful to you.

Over and above the surplus DLL's there is also a satellite assemblies created in bin\de, bin\ja, bin\ru and bin\es. As I understand it, VS2017 automatically creates these assemblies because DevExpress installs these localization libraries.(1)

Furthermore it appears that VS2015 and up, decides to add all these additional reference dlls and it is out of DevExpress' control (2). I've tried tracing dependencies from the pdf functions I am using and it really does look like the other assemblies are unused.I can only surmise that VS looks at the other (unused) functions in the assembly you do use, and then decides to also include any dependencies that they might have, regardless of whether you are using them or not. I.e. it includes all references to all functions in the assembly that you are using.

My solution was to remove the localization libraries from ...DevExpress 17.1\Components\Bin\Framework. At least this no longer creates the satellite assemblies, which is the cause of the Duplicate Resources that you might have seen in Integration Studio when publishing.

You can also set the publish language, however I've not been able to do that. (3)

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Albert


1) https://www.devexpress.com/Support/Center/Question/Details/Q362879/unnecessary-localized-dlls-are-added-to-the-bin-folder-of-the-project

2) https://www.devexpress.com/Support/Center/Question/Details/T328464/a-lot-of-unused-dlls-appear-in-my-project

3) https://docs.microsoft.com/vi-vn/visualstudio/deployment/how-to-change-the-publish-language-for-a-clickonce-application