how to add tabs dynamically in outsystems?

how to add tabs dynamically in outsystems?

I'm new in outsystems, it's there a way to create tabs dynamically? please explain me step by step!

Thanks

Hi Leidy,

I'm not sure what your use case is, and what kind of tabs you mean. Tabs as in RichWidgets client side tabs have specific screen content associated with them. Since you can't dynamically create screen content, what kind of dynamic tabs do you want?

Do you mean like for example : For each category in the aggregate will be displayed as a tab?

Niels Favreau wrote:

Do you mean like for example : For each category in the aggregate will be displayed as a tab?

Exactly. I'm also looking for the same. So that in looping I can show tab heading and contents dynamically from entities. 

You could do it by using a webblock to display each of the "Categories" data and use manual CSS/JavaScript to build the tab's. Some reference detail on creating HTML tabs

https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_tabs.asp

A note of warning though: Tabs as a UX only work with a very limited set of them (max. 4-5). Presenting the user with a dozen or more tabs is very, very bad user interface design that leads to a very, very bad user experience. If you think dynamic tabs are a solution to your problem, chances are very high you're very wrong.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

A note of warning though: Tabs as a UX only work with a very limited set of them (max. 4-5). Presenting the user with a dozen or more tabs is very, very bad user interface design that leads to a very, very bad user experience. If you think dynamic tabs are a solution to your problem, chances are very high you're very wrong.

I will have only 3-4 tabs. That I have stored in the static entity. Now I want to iterate it to show tab Title and contents depend on entity ID.

I agree with the post of Kilian about user experience, but i not limited the number of tabs to 5. That will depende a lot  of the circunstances!!

Hi Amol,

Like I said a year ago, dynamic tabs don't make any sense. Tabs need their content statically designed in Service Studio, you can't have dynamic tabs.

Ok this is messy but just to prove that it is possible the attached is a dynamic tab. Click the "CreateTestData" button to generate a few records and then click the tabs to show the grouped data. All tabs are dynamically created.

John Williams wrote:

Ok this is messy but just to prove that it is possible the attached is a dynamic tab. Click the "CreateTestData" button to generate a few records and then click the tabs to show the grouped data. All tabs are dynamically created.

That's great John. Thanks for your time.