BUG FOUND [Integration Studio] - Import (reimport) feature is broken

BUG FOUND [Integration Studio] - Import (reimport) feature is broken

Platform: Outsystems Platform 10.1.303.0 (.NET + MySQL )

This issue reported to outsystems 1 year ago, latest test indicates the bug was not fixed in latest outsystems platform 10.1.303.0

How to reproduce issue

1) Create an extension

2) Import tables via Database connection (as configured in ServiceCenter)

3) Success! everything works.

Now the problem...

4) Make changes (OR delete) to any table that you have previously imported in Step #2

5) Report Step #2 (import the tables again!)

6) Outsystems does not refresh any entities that were modified in step #4^

^Outsystems did not detect any changes that were made to the tables in step #4 Outsystems does not know that the table was modified. The only way you can force outsystems to detect any changes in the database is to right-click on the table and click "Refresh Entity" (now try clicking on "Refresh Entity" for 200+ tables and do this every time you make a change to your database, this is a problem within itself).

Hello Robert,

Thanks for reporting this. If it's ok with with you, it would be better if you report these issues using the "Submit feedback" option in the help menu. (I know you know this option, but leaving a screenshot for the convenience of new visitors). This allow us to understand the frequency of these type of issues, which in turn allows us to do a better job prioritizing our work.

Thanks,
R

Hi Robert,

I couldn't replicate the error you are reporting. Can you please give us a more concrete example? 

Thanks!

Carla Gregório wrote:

Hi Robert,

I couldn't replicate the error you are reporting. Can you please give us a more concrete example? 

Thanks!

Carla

You should be able to reproduce this issue by following the updated (bold) steps below.

How to reproduce issue

1) Create an extension

2) Import tables via Database connection (as configured in ServiceCenter)

3) Success! everything works.

Now the problem...

4) Make changes (OR delete) to any table that you have previously imported in Step #2 (make changes directly to the database table itself, not the import entities)

5) Re-import the database tables again Step #2

6) Outsystems does not refresh any entities that were modified in step #4^