Connection to MySQL Server

Connection to MySQL Server

Dear Forum Members / Dear Support,

I am trying to import "live" data from a MySQL Server. Therefore, I am trying to create a new Database Connection to the server. The server is hosted on a Raspberry Pi. The Raspberry Pi is NOT connected to the same computer.

The following problem occures: When pressing the "Test Connection" button the browser is loading and loading but obviously can't connect (No error message!). After creating the Connection and using it in Integration Studio the following problem occures: "Error retrieving databases: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts."

Hopefully, you can help me!

Kind regards,

David

Hi David

Can you give us some more context about your platform installation (is it in the cloud, on premises)? Do you know if the platform server has access to the machine where the database is?

João Amorim wrote:

Hi David

Can you give us some more context about your platform installation (is it in the cloud, on premises)? Do you know if the platform server has access to the machine where the database is?

Hi Joao,

thanks for your reply!

The outsystem server is on the cloud. The SQL database is hosted on the Arduino. I can access the database via Chrome Browser and phpmyadmin mask. I just have to enter "IP/phpmyadmin", then I am able to enter the username and password in the login mask. 

How can I test whether the platform server has access to the machine? The "test connection" function does not work, therefore I guess the platform server can't access to the machine?!

Thank you for any further information/replies/solutions.

Kind regards,

David

Hi David, sorry for the late reply.

It might be indeed a connection problem between the platform and your machine, as the test connection is failing. 

Have you tried accessing your database from outside your network using MySQL workbench to see if external access is possible?

Cheers