Mobile device information

Mobile device information

Hi,

How can I retrieve mobile device information such as model, platform, uuid, version, manufacturer, isVirtual, serialnumber, is there any utility available? Please let me know. 

Thanks in advance

MN

Solution

Hey Murthy,

Have you checked out this Forge Component called Device Information? That may have some of the things you're looking for.

You can get Device Parameters using our Javascript API, here. Which provides methods to access native capabilities of the device.

Thanks,

Alexandra

Solution

Alexandra Bowen wrote:

Hey Murthy,

Have you checked out this Forge Component called Device Information? That may have some of the things you're looking for.

You can get Device Parameters using our Javascript API, here. Which provides methods to access native capabilities of the device.

Thanks,

Alexandra

Thank you Alexandra, that is what I have been looking for. while I am executing I getting errors when I try to retrieve browser information. The following code is called in OnReady event. Is that correct place to call this? if so why is it failing?

var ua = detect.parse(navigator.userAgent);

$parameters.BrowserFamily = ua.browser.family; // "Mobile Safari"
$parameters.BrowserName = ua.browser.name; // "Mobile Safari 4.0.5"
$parameters.BrowserVersion = ua.browser.version; // "4.0.5"
$parameters.BrowserMajorVersion = ua.browser.major; // 4
$parameters.BrowserMinorVersion = ua.browser.minor; // 0
$parameters.BrowserPatch = ua.browser.patch; // 5

Thank you,

MN

Hello Murthy, could you share your espace so we can take a look?

I found the issue that causing this error. In the above pasted code "ua.broswer.name" is not valid property, which causing the error. I commented out that and it worked fine.

Great!