Unable to create or update 'LocalStorage.Description' because it exceeds the maximum

Unable to create or update 'LocalStorage.Description' because it exceeds the maximum

Hi,

I got this error in data synchronization:
"Unable to create or update 'LocalStorageTable.Description' because it exceeds the maximum allowed length by 459 characters."

There is a maximum of characters for text fields in local storage?

Thanks,

Pedro

Hi Pedro,

What value have you on the Length property of the Description attribute in the LocalStorageTable entity? You probably need to make it larger (at least 459 chars larger).

Hi,

I have the same value as in the database: 5000 (https://www.screencast.com/t/2n0ngH0I)

I made a substring in the synchronization query and it does not give error anymore, but that does not solve my problem, that's why I asked if there is a maximum for the localstorage.

Thanks

Hi Pedro,

Probably there is some difference determining the size of the text. Can you send me the text you are trying to insert by private message?

Hey guys,

i was facing this issue as well and solved it after changing the attribute size and refresh the consumers.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Was the size of the attribute changed from 2000 to 5000? If so, there is a bug in the platform on some versions where the dub wasn't updated when changing from 2000 to something bigger. 

Try to make the attribute a bit smaller than 2000, publish, make it 5000 again and publish and let us know if this helps. 

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga