[IdP] Configuration - email validation

[IdP] Configuration - email validation

Forge Component
(14)
Published on 14 Jun by Telmo Martins
14 votes
Published on 14 Jun by Telmo Martins

In Configuration page on the user mappings fields, since we are mapping the SAML attribute names does it make sense that  the "Email attribute"  input but has an email validation and not a regular text validation?

Hi João.

I don't think so, because that field should have the SAML attribute that contains the user email and not the email itself.

Did I understand correctly?

Regards,

Ricardo Gonzaga wrote:

Hi João.

I don't think so, because that field should have the SAML attribute that contains the user email and not the email itself.

Did I understand correctly?

Regards,

Right. I think it's just an issue of having the wrong type set on the "Email attribute" input box, I changed it from Email to Text on my side and now the email maps correctly. Just wanted check with you if I was missing anything.  

Solution

Yes, you correct. I haven't realize it.

Thanks for the update, I will fix the issue and update the component.

Regards,

Solution

Hi All,

We are trying to integrate OKTA with Outsystems and are stuck with one thing. We have added the necessary parameters in the configuration page of the IdP but it does not hit the OKTA sign in page but goes straight to the Outsystems sign in page. 

I have attached the current config page screenshot. I would really appreciate if anyone can tell me what is wrong here or if you can tell me some example of the values that goes in the fields that will help as well.

Thanks

Sumeet

Hi Sumeet.

The screenshot you shared is not enough to understand what is happening in your application.

Configuring the IdP values is just part of the process, you also need to adjust the code in your application 

Have you followed the configuration instructions (http://ricardogonzaga.outsystemscloud.com/IdP/) ?

Regards,