Problems trying to create a simple pop up

Problems trying to create a simple pop up

Hello people

What should be a simple task, I don't find a way to do it. I am following this video that shows how to implement a pop up, but at the 3:38 minute mark, it says to add a "notify" action, and my Bali version just won't allow me to do it. The notify action exists, but it doesn't allow me to add it. The video seems to be outdated. Could someone point me into the right direction? I have a table records that I want to show in a pop up so the user is able to choose an item. I am also trying to follow up what this link shows, but when I drag and drop the Popup_Editor widget, it does nothing. Why this seems to be so hard to do within Outsystems??? Help!!!

Hi SamyCode,

Are you sure you are not trying to add notify instead of the popup_notify action?

If this is not the case, can you share the OML so I can take a quick look?

Thanks,

Justin

Justin Babel wrote:

Hi SamyCode,

Are you sure you are not trying to add notify instead of the popup_notify action?

If this is not the case, can you share the OML so I can take a quick look?

Thanks,

Justin

What I'm trying to add is the notify built in action that is referenced within the system dependencies, just like in the video. I shared the .oml in this message. What I'm trying to take to a pop up is the last table under the "Get Interchanges" link within the "Mocha_Order" page. Please help. I am frustrated trying to achieve the same thing using jQuery UI, when this suppose to be a simple task within Outsystems.

Thank you!!!

Solution

I am not sure what you want to achieve exactly.

Notify it to send "text" to the parent. most common is to send something from a webblock to a page.

to create a popup it's simple.

you have a navigation-link that navigate to a different page.

you fill in the name in that link.

then you add the popup-editor widget and you simply provide the namedlink.id to that widget

and continue from there

Solution

J. wrote:

Notify it to send "text" to the parent. most common is to send something from a webblock to a page.

then you add the popup-editor widget and you simply provide the namedlink.id to that widget

and continue from there

For some reason your simply explanation helped a lot. My confusion is that in the editor_widget I need to specify a destination, even if it is an blank action. That's what I don't understand. Also, I got the pop up to show up, but it comes out very ugly. There is a way to change the size of the pop up??? Please... thank you

SamyCode wrote:

J. wrote:

and continue from there

For some reason your simply explanation helped a lot. My confusion is that in the editor_widget I need to specify a destination, even if it is an blank action. That's what I don't understand. Also, I got the pop up to show up, but it comes out very ugly. There is a way to change the size of the pop up??? Please... thank you

There are input parameters to the Popup_Editor block:

Justin Babel wrote:

SamyCode wrote:

J. wrote:

and continue from there

There are input parameters to the Popup_Editor block:

OMG how in the world did I miss that. Thank you!!

J. wrote:

and continue from there

I'm not sure if I should continue to comment in this topic or make a new one but now I have a new problem in the pop up. The screen that behaves as a pop up has an input parameter. The "CustomerId". In the link that open the pop up I pass the parameter, which is a variable that holds the value chosen in a ComboBox. I am passing the right variable but for some reason, when the preparation of the pop up screen start, it shows that I am passing a -1, which is the default value of the variable. It seems that I am not passing a value at all. Why is this?? Please help once again! Thank you!