HELP: Connection timed-out to Host not found

HELP: Connection timed-out to Host not found

Hello Outsystems community

I've been having some strange issues on my end lately regarding my personal enviroment. I was just practicing the Silk UI exercise - the Orders example. I got locked out of my computer due to apparent conenctivity issues, but when that got fixed I returned to my application and I found the following couple of things that perplexed me:

1. Platform froze when attempting to access the widget tree.
  2. The titles and 'Expression" guides that the preview usually shows us, were not there. I got my widgets and buttons but they have nothing in them visible. I can see them on properties so I'm assuming something of the CSS got damaged somehow.
  3. I tried deleting the application as the last resort approach. The exercise isn't that long and I could use the practice anyways. It takes forever to attempt to delete and then gives me the infamous error: 
    • "Connection timed-out while contacting '[personal-enviroment].outsystemscloud.com'. Check your network connetion and if the problem persists increase the 'Short operations Timeout' value in preferences."

I could live with the app being deleted - but so far that's not a possibility. I am curious as to what could be causing this. I tried the same thing on a machine connected to another network and it still gave me all of the errors above. I tried through Service Center, but wasn't able to delete it from there either, as I can't even access the eSpace - browser loads forever into eternity!

Any help will be greatly appreciated. The personal environment is often used to test a few things before moving it to the corporation's environment, so, I really need this running.

------------------

EDIT:

I am now unable to connect to my personal environment with the following error: 

• "Connection timed-out while contacting '[personal-enviroment].outsystemscloud.com'. Check your network connetion and if the problem persists increase the 'Short operations Timeout' value in preferences."

------------------

EDIT:

Error changed to:

• "There was an error contacting '[personal-enviroment].outsystems.com': Host not found.

Proxy was never selected so no need to bypass it. As a note, I've been using the environment. This started happening just when I was using it. I can't even make a case of it since I can't even access Service Center for the licence.

Solution

Problem solved. It was an issue with connecting to the actual database. Called, and they were kind, responsive and fast!

Thank you!

Solution