Problem trying to pass a parameter to a pop up window

Problem trying to pass a parameter to a pop up window

Hi people

I have this pop up window which opens when I press a link. In the link, I pass the CustomerId parameter to the pop up, which I get from a variable that holds the value chosen from a Combo Box. The problem is that when the pop up renders, it doesn't receive the parameter. It receive the default value of the variable. When I debug the preparation of the pop up, it is receiving a -1 instead of the actual value from the ComboBox. What I am missing?????

Help please, thank you!!

Hi Samy,

Can you share the OML?

Thanks,

Justin

Justin Babel wrote:

Hi Samy,

Can you share the OML?

Thanks,

Justin

I think that the problem lies in the link itself. It click method must be set to "navigate" in order for the pop up to show itself, but to take the variable from the Combo Box, the click method must be submit. Any workaround for this??? This is a big issue.

The link to open the pop up is located at the bottom of the Mocha_Order screen with the name "GetInterchanges"

I shared the OML. Thank you!!

You need to ajax refresh the link and popup_editor each time you update the value you are passing as the input parameter.

So every time the dropdown changes, you should ajax the link to update it to have the correct value.

Let me know if you have any issues,

Justin

Justin Babel wrote:

You need to ajax refresh the link and popup_editor each time you update the value you are passing as the input parameter.

So every time the dropdown changes, you should ajax the link to update it to have the correct value.

Justin

Thank you very much, this worked. The value is successfully passed to the pop up. But now I have another issue. With that value I call an advanced sql query that gives me my customer's contracts. When I debug the application, I see that the data is pulled out well and everything is working. The problem is that the TableRecords Widget that I have in my pop up doesn't show up. It shows up my test labels and everything but doesn't show the TableRecord. What I'm missing now??? Thank you!!

You have display set to false on the container:

Justin Babel wrote:

You have display set to false on the container:

I did copy/paste that container. I completely missed that. OMG.

Thank you Justin

Justin Babel wrote:

Justin

Hi Justin. I have yet, another issue. Your solution to ajax refresh the link and the popup_editor seems to work but only with one variable. As soon as I pass to the pop up two variables, it takes the value of just one of them. For some reason, it doesn't take the value of the second parameter. What's wrong??? Is this a bug?? Thank you!

Hi Samy,

Can you share the OML?

Thanks,

Justin

Justin Babel wrote:

Hi Samy,

Can you share the OML?

Thanks,

Justin

Sure... it is attached to this message. Man, thank you so much for your willingness to help. I am starting to think that this is a bug.

Solution

Hi Samy,

You are not ajax refreshing the link and popup div, 'divInterchanges', in the cmbOrderTypeChangeEvent.

You ajax refresh divInterchangeNumber instead, so the link will never be updated with the new value for the variable 'ContractTypeCode'.

Hope this helps,

Justin

Solution

Justin Babel wrote:

Hi Samy,

You are not ajax refreshing the link and popup div, 'divInterchanges', in the cmbOrderTypeChangeEvent.

You ajax refresh divInterchangeNumber instead, so the link will never be updated with the new value for the variable 'ContractTypeCode'.

Hope this helps,

Justin

Dude, you are the savior. Thank you so much for your immediate reply and your willingness to help.