How to connect to external SQL Server database requiring Windows Authentication

How to connect to external SQL Server database requiring Windows Authentication

We have OutSystems 9 platform installed on Virtual Machines using Oracle Database.
We have to integrate to another system of which is a SQL Server database, company policy is to allow only Windows Authentication on the SQL Server database. After following many articles online I cannot seem to achieve a Windows Authentication login with the username and password they gave me. The error message returned by ServiceCenter states a username which is not the one I supplied, it seems to take the name of the Virtual Server for the user name which is
JHBWTCCOSWDBD01. See Screenshot below. The error on ServiceCenter is:

Connection String test failed: Login failed for user 'T*****\JHBWTCCOSWDBD01$'.

Where "T*****" is the domain name and
JHBWTCCOSWDBD01 is the VM server's name.

The user name I supplied is something else entirely: "SRV-********-ESD"

In ServiceCenter I supply the Windows user name and password and then use this connection string:
Persist Security Info=False;Integrated Security=SSPI;Data Source=10.xxx.xxx.25,21533;Database=T*****_PRD;

Then when I test connection ServiceCenter gives me the error as given above.

How will I achieve this connection please? How can I tell OutSystems as which user to connect?

Hi Elize

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately the scenario you are trying to achieve isn't supported by the platform. 

An alternative would be to create a linked server in a database that doesn't require windows credentials and use that to connect via the platform.