Problem trying to copy a value from pop up to my screen

Problem trying to copy a value from pop up to my screen

Hello people

I have this simple pop up that shows contracts in a table records based on a customer id. What I want to achieve is that when the user clicks one of the rows, the number of the contract should be written into a textbox of my screen, the screen that triggers the pop up. Having no access to the elements of my screen from the pop up, how do I achieve this??

Please help. Thank you!!

Use the notify action to get the contract number and refresh the text box. It should work.

Tiago Flor wrote:

Use the notify action to get the contract number and refresh the text box. It should work.

I knew it has something to do with the notify action. The problem is that I don't know exactly how to use it. Outsystems doesn't allow me to drag and drop it, and even if I did, I'm kinda lost of how to pass the contract number by simply using this function. Could you elaborate in your answer with some steps by steps solution? I will mark your answer as the solution and I would really appreciate it.

in your popup_screen you do a popup_notify action.

in ther you set the variable you want.

in the OnNotify of the screen you dot NotifyGetMessage

Tiago Flor wrote:

I changed the content of my pop up to be inside a web block and now I'm able to drag and drop the notify action. Still I have little to now idea how to make this to work. I will follow the advice of the last comment. But a step by step solution would help.

Thank you!

J. wrote:

Thank you for your reply. When you say "in your popup_screen you do a popup_notify action". Do you mean the notify action inside the popup_editor? I uploaded a screenshot of it. Could you clarify if I'm correct?

J. wrote:

Also, where is this "OnNotify" of the screen?? :/

Solution

here is a quick example

Solution

J. wrote:

here is a quick example

I'm really grateful for you example. However, I cannot open it, as it is saved in Outsystems 10 and here we still use Bali 9.1. Can you provide the example saved in my environment version? I swear I will not bother you anymore. Thank you sir!!!

J. wrote:

here is a quick example

I downloaded Outsystems 10 to open your example in my personal environment, but my personal environment is taking longer than expected to wake up with the message: "Your personal environment is taking longer to provision than expected. We are actively working on the problem and you should be on your way in no time".

Could you please provide the example in version 9.1 Bali?? I owe you one man. Thank you!!

SamyCode wrote:

I downloaded Outsystems 10 to open your example in my personal environment, but my personal environment is taking longer than expected to wake up with the message: "Your personal environment is taking longer to provision than expected. We are actively working on the problem and you should be on your way in no time".

Could you please provide the example in version 9.1 Bali?? I owe you one man. Thank you!!

Hi Samuel,

Sometimes Personal Environments can take longer to provision than expected. We are handling the issue and as soon as possible it will be ready.

Just a hint, to open an eSpace just to look at the code you don't need to connect to any environment, you can just Run Service Studio 10 to open the eSpace without connecting.

Ana Martins wrote:

SamyCode wrote:

Hi Samuel,

Sometimes Personal Environments can take longer to provision than expected. We are handling the issue and as soon as possible it will be ready.

Just a hint, to open an eSpace just to look at the code you don't need to connect to any environment, you can just Run Service Studio 10 to open the eSpace without connecting.

Thanks. This really helped.

J. wrote:

here is a quick example

I was able to run your .oml on another machine and now I got it to work. Man, so much thanks to take your time to send me the example.