Firefox error: Local Storage database not available

Firefox error: Local Storage database not available

Hi. I ran across this error when trying to access SilkUI patterns on Firefox:

I also tried opening the same page on Firefox Mobile, and got the same message. Does this mean that Firefox is unsupported?

As far as I know, Firefox does have local storage - check this demo app that runs just fine on Firefox.

Hi Leonardo (long time no see :) ),

Can't see the error. Can you re-share it?

Hi Leonardo,

Silk Website runs a customized Preview in Devices to showcase the Mobile Patterns.

This means that they will only work on Chrome, which is a requirement of Preview in Devices.

You should be able to still use the website and view all the information about the Patterns.

My regards

João Neves wrote:

Hi Leonardo (long time no see :) ),

Can't see the error. Can you re-share it?

Hi João, long time indeed :)

That was my bad, here's the image re-uploaded:

Dinis Carvalho wrote:

Hi Leonardo,

Silk Website runs a customized Preview in Devices to showcase the Mobile Patterns.

This means that they will only work on Chrome, which is a requirement of Preview in Devices.

You should be able to still use the website and view all the information about the Patterns.

My regards

Hi Dinis. I don't completely understand why the PreviewInDevices only works in Google Chrome. But that's ok...

The main problem is that, besides being shown this cryptic alert message, when I dismiss it the page reloads itself. When it finishes reloading - guess what? - another alert message pops up, and the cycle repeats. So, no, I cannot use the patterns on Firefox.

That doesn't stop me from working (I can just use Google Chrome), but I'm reporting this to you guys because this seems like an issue that might happen in production apps with Firefox mobile users.

Solution

We'll see how can we deal with that message to prevent that reload behavior :)

Thanks for reporting!

Solution