How to scan drivers license with MANATEE WORKSBarcode Scanner

How to scan drivers license with MANATEE WORKSBarcode Scanner

So we've tried using the parser with microblink plugin for deivers license with no success. We've been told that using manatee barcode scanner we can do the same with US Driver's License ( PDF417) 

how would one scan a driver's license using their parser and assign those results to local variables?

thanks

Hi Brian,

I tried to scan a PDF417 using the app I shared in this post and it worked ok... What specific problem are you having?

Cheers,
R

Hey Rodrigo, well to keep it short, we're trying to remove the astericks for one. Everytime we scan something with anything but a UPC A barcode it displays astericks. 

And lastly, once we get the asterisks to go away, we need to use the AAMA parser to decode the drivers license and assign it to a variable.

I certainly do appreciate all the time you've put into your software, and taking the time out of your day to deal with my petty problems. But on the other hand Rodrigo, I dont know if its just me but I can't figure it out, I even have one of Manatee founders and his team member working with me as we speak for the past few hours straight. They;ve been in contact with me since yesterday morning and I havent been to bed. Im determined to solve this problem and you were a god in helping me get Manatee into Outsystems. 

You remember we tried with BlinkID and that didnt work out, even after being in touch with them direct.

Now we've moved on to Manatee and they are trying to learn the system so they can fix it, they've been non stop since 7 oclock eastern. Im actually working with a team member now and we can;t figure it out.

What were trying to accomplish is the following.

1. Stop receiving asterisks for SYMBOLOGIES: CODE 128, PDF417

2. Use the parser AAMA (for drivers license) to assign the output to local variables on our sell firearm page. 

3. Note the Code 128 we're scanning is a SKU/SERIAL (13 digits) combined and appears with a space in-between the result which I'm hoping we could use a either their parser for GS1 to seperate and assign local variables to each result / or use something like regular expression to seperate the result since it has a space inbetween the the SERIAL SKU and assign a each to a variable using the space.

One scanned barcode Code128 (13 digits long in length) would result in this

CYB8390 163062 which is the SERIAL SKU 

They wanted to get in touch with you and see if you could assist in them trying to figure out what may be going wrong.

Please let me know if you have the time to help. We're at a stand still and Im trying to be as patient as possible. I have a meeting every Friday with the board and the founder Jamie who's project this is and I assured him that blink was gone and you helped intergrate what I really wanted for the app, as his consultant. Of course he was pleased as anyone could be, but Its been a week and I feel like im going backwards.

Thanks Rodrigo.

Hi GunScanner,

It's the very first entry in their FAQ: "Q1.When I successfully scan a barcode, why do asterisks (*) appear throughout the result?", which is the very first hit when I google "manatee works barcode scanning returns asterisks".

It seems to be a licence problem.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi GunScanner,

It's the very first entry in their FAQ: "Q1.When I successfully scan a barcode, why do asterisks (*) appear throughout the result?", which is the very first hit when I google "manatee works barcode scanning returns asterisks".

It seems to be a licence problem.

Thanks Kilian, it's stemming much deeper than that. But I appreciate the input. We know its a problem with the license and it getting back to Manatee. They are working on it directly with the owner and haven';t figured out the disconnect yet with outsystems but I certainly do appreciate the feedback. Its been more than three days I've been beating my head against the desk going, this has to be so simple. What am I not seeing, but now seeing that Manatee is also internally trying to see where the dots fail to connect I don't feel so numb any more. I was begining to rethink what the heck I was doing here. lol.

But thank you Kilian. I always take a strong bow to anyone who is willing to help. Thank you for listening to me vent. :)

GunScanner,

Ok, good luck then! Hope you get it sorted out.

If you're using the app I sent earlier, the asterisks are indeed a licensing problem. I had a bug in the way I was doing the init. The latest version (the one that scans 2 codes) has the problem fixed.

On the drivers license, can you send me an example of a barcode that has problems, so I can test?

Same thing for the Code 128. Can you send me an example and the output you expect?

Cheers,
R

Rodrigo Coutinho wrote:

If you're using the app I sent earlier, the asterisks are indeed a licensing problem. I had a bug in the way I was doing the init. The latest version (the one that scans 2 codes) has the problem fixed.

On the drivers license, can you send me an example of a barcode that has problems, so I can test?

Same thing for the Code 128. Can you send me an example and the output you expect?

Cheers,
R

Rodrigo sorry for the absence I had an urgent situation I was out of town for but am greatful for the reply and will be sending you both scenario's to you in a moment. When you have a chance, as im sure your busy this Monday morning, let me know what your thoughts are and any suggestions you think we should do in order to correct the problem.

Thank you!