Problem with Font Size in Windows 10

Problem with Font Size in Windows 10

Hi all

I had been using a Lenvo laptop with Windows 8 and the latest version of Service Studio. Everything was running smoothly. I recently got a new HP laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed. 

I installed the development enviroment and got a big surprise to find all the app icons and titles looked huge. When I went into an app, all the flows and title bars looked pretty big as well. All other installed programs looked good. After messing with Windows application settings, screen resolution, text font size, text enhancement, etc I got to a satisfying configuration by reducing all windows text size. This reduced a bit the text on other applications but drastically reduced the size of service studio to something I was more used to. The only problem is that some of the text is now almost unreadably small. Loading screens and property description for example. Its not something that makes service studio unusable, but it is kind of anoying. I'm attaching two examples of this below.

As far as I know, there is no  setting to fix this in service studio itself, so it would be nice if you could take a look into this on the next version update. My service studio version is 10.0.303.0. I'm happy to provide any other specs if needed.

Best Regards,

CLSJ

Hi,

Not sure what the issue is exactly?

I have windows 10 and SS and got no problem. (4k screen)

you can zoom-in/zoom-out with ctrl-scroll-wheel for the main-part.

what screen-resolution does your laptop have?

Hi

I guess you can't really tell from the photos but for example the text in the yellow explanation baloon is quite small as compared to the rest, and it's almost unreadable in my screen. The computer is HP Envy with a windows screen resolution of 3200 x 1800. I hav tried changing this but to no avail. I have used the cntrl+wheel to zoom in and out, that's a very usefull feature, but not something I can use on other parts of the screen.

Like I said, it's not something that makes this unsusable, but maybe something others are experiencing as well. 

Regards,

CLSJ

Service studio doesn't handle high resolutions very well, I have the same with my Microsoft surface laptop, you could set the % in "Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display" to 100% or an higher option to decrease the resolution so you can read the text in the yellow popups

Wim van den Brink wrote:

Service studio doesn't handle high resolutions very well, I have the same with my Microsoft surface laptop, you could set the % in "Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display" to 100% or an higher option to decrease the resolution so you can read the text in the yellow popups

Yeah, I've come to realize that. However, lowering to text size 100% or so (down from about 225%) screws up other applicactions. I have resorted to settling for a 200% increase, which makes the baloon text readable and does not change other applications too much. Thanks for the reply though!

Solution

Hey Ho!

The latest release of Service Studio (10.0.609.0) has fixed this bug. Thank you very much for the attention!

Solution