how to show a modal at the end of the action?

how to show a modal at the end of the action?

I'm new in outsystems, i need to show a modal at the end of the action, but i do not know how. Please help! 

Hi Leidy,

From the looks of it, you are using the correct action (toggleModal), but in the wrong place. I'm assuming the modal is on the page that navigated to the pop-up? If so, the toggle modal action should be called from the action that gets ran on the main page as a result of the popup notify. If not, and the modal exists in the pop-up, you can't close the pop-up and then try to toggle the modal because the modal is no longer in the dom.

I am a little curious of the flow, going from closing a pop-up and straight to a modal, or opening a modal inside of a popup doesn't seem like good UX.

What are you trying to achieve?

Justin

Justin Babel wrote:

Hi Leidy,

From the looks of it, you are using the correct action (toggleModal), but in the wrong place. I'm assuming the modal is on the page that navigated to the pop-up? If so, the toggle modal action should be called from the action that gets ran on the main page as a result of the popup notify. If not, and the modal exists in the pop-up, you can't close the pop-up and then try to toggle the modal because the modal is no longer in the dom.

I am a little curious of the flow, going from closing a pop-up and straight to a modal, or opening a modal inside of a popup doesn't seem like good UX.

What are you trying to achieve?

Justin

Hi!

thanks for the response, i need to show a modal when the popup close. How i achieve this?

Solution

Make sure the modal is on the page you are navigating to the popup from, not in the popup. From there, what ever action gets called from the on notify of the popup, you should call the toggleModal action on the modal.

Let me know if you have any trouble,

Justin

Solution

it work like a charm! thanks a lot