SOAP Services baseURL

Is there anyway to make SOAP Services URL to be parameter, or at least the baseURL.

as we have a different environments and when moving from one to another, the web services URLs should be changed. how could i achieve this without modifying the code (using something like site properties)

Thanks

Hello Mohammad,

Like you said, i think the best possible way to do that is to have a site property. With that, you only have to change one thing when moving from one environment to another, even if you have the URL spread through your code. Also, you avoid hardcode.

Best regards,

Rafael Valente

Hi Mohammed,

You can configure the base URL of a web service in Service Center, on the Integrations tab of an eSpace, you can see all currently configured base URLs:

When you click on a name you can configure a different URL:

Dear Kilian,

thanks for your reply, can i use site variable to configure this or should i rewrite the new url in the target environment

Thanks

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Mohammed,

You can configure the base URL of a web service in Service Center, on the Integrations tab of an eSpace, you can see all currently configured base URLs:

When you click on a name you can configure a different URL:

Solution

Hi Mohammed,

This is a static configuration, that you need to configure in Service Center.

Solution

To answer the original question in another way, the Enhanced Web References module has an Action that lets you set the endpoint URL for a SOAP call. You can then call this Action before you call your Web References, and set the endpoint to a URL that you have configured elsewhere. This is the approach you want if you want a way to set the URLs WITHOUT going to Service Center, or based on program logic, etc.

J.Ja