Integrate Video running automatically

Integrate Video running automatically

Dear all,

I would like to integrate, with outsystem, a video that running automatically in background  without pressing play, or that the flash player is visible (in other words, like an image). Some guided procedure, video or suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Esteban,

First check out this article: http://thenewcode.com/777/Create-Fullscreen-HTML5-Page-Background-Video

If you're developing a mobile app (v10) you can use and advanced html widget to create the video tag. Otherwise, if you're developing a web responsive app, you should use an expression widget with its unescape property set to true and the source set to the html content to the video markup (as explained on the article).

I don't know how upload a video; in other words

<video playsinline autoplay muted loop poster="polina.jpg" id="bgvid">    <source src="polina.webm" type="video/webm">    <source src="polina.mp4" type="video/mp4"></video>

how set in source src? 

How big is the video?

You might add it as a resource in another another module, and make it public (this way you will speed up publishing times of your main module). Then add a reference to the video (resource) in your main module.

Point the source to the url of the resource (video) - resources have an url runtime property.

I have a similar issue. I saved an mp4 file (1.3mb) under Resources in a module. When I reference the Controls\Video pattern to the source file Resources.xxx_mp4, i get an error "Text datatype required instead of None". Can you help?