publish extension. "You don't have enough permissions over the database connection"

publish extension. "You don't have enough permissions over the database connection"

Hi,

I'm using integration studio 10.0.303.0.

I' ve created 2 external entities (Java Stack, Oracle database) based on 2 views.

When I want to publish the extension I get the following error during step 5 (Uploading Extension) of the publishing process:

"You are not allowed to publish this extension. You don't have enough permissions over the database connections that own the following external entities: TMS001_CUSTOMER_UPDATE, TMS001_CUSTOMER_SHOW."

Could anybody help me out?

Best regards,

Matthieu de Graaf

Solution

Hi Matthieu,

I presume you need to grant the person that first publishes the extension access to that connection. In Service Center, check out Administration->Users->(select the user)->Database Connections and set that user to "Full Control" for that connection (even if temporarily).

Subsequent publishes should NOT need this access anymore.

Cheers.

Solution

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your swift reply. However, after granting "full control" privilege, the error still occurs.

Could it be a firewall issue?

Cheers,

Matthieu

Judging by the message text I don't think it's a connectivity problem, so I wouldn't say it's firewalls.

Have you logged off and back on with the user that is attempting the publish after changing his access? Some roles in the platform are only loaded on login.

Hi Miguel,

I couldn't find a  "Log of Button/Menu option. So I changed to another environment en switched back to the original environment.

The same error still occurs.

Regards,

Matthieu

Hi Miguel,

After all, it was a permission problem. After getting the Admin role everything worked ok.

Thanks for your answer.

Matthieu