How to create popup warning the user before the Session Expires

How to create popup warning the user before the Session Expires

I have not been able to find a solution to this question.  How do can a person create a popup that warns the user that their session will be expiring in 2 minutes.  I'm guessing this will involve some javascript and some type of call to the serve to refresh the session if the user clicks to continue.  

Thanks!

You are right.

You have to have some javascript-polling mechanism

Roughly the idea is to poll with a ajax-request to a page that keeps the time of the user.

mind you that will take some effor of keep the time right, because the session is a sliding-session of course

Actually the polling mecanism might not work properly because it's ajax request will automatically refresh the user's session, so it won't never expire.

Take a look at this component I just built. It might help you.
https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Overview.aspx?ProjectId=1880&FromSave=True

Joao, are you able to provide a version of your component that I can open in OutSystems version 9?  I tried opening it and it said it was saved using version 10 which we are not currently using yet.

Thanks

Unfortunately I don't have access to a v9 environment right now.

You can install the component in your personal environment and try to mimic it's behaviour in a new component at you environment. It's just a piece of javascript and CSS, and a container.

christopher bennett wrote:

Joao, are you able to provide a version of your component that I can open in OutSystems version 9?  I tried opening it and it said it was saved using version 10 which we are not currently using yet.

Thanks

I think this will help. Thank you for the assistance!