Migrate DB Schema

Migrate DB Schema

Hello,

I currently have an app that I created in my personal environment, DB structure and all.  Now that I may start using the app I want to move it to my own MySQL database.

I have a MySQL DB connected to my environment, i'm wondering if there is a simple way to transfer the DB tables (Not the data, just structure) to the new database and out of the Platform DB due to space limitations.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Cambats,

If you want to do it outside platform db you have to manually create the script and run it on the desired database.

One more question why do you want this db to be outside platform?

Regards

-PJ-

Hi cmbates1, have you checked with Import option in integration studio? you can import the external table and views by using this option.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

Hi,

When you connect the OutSystems environment to the other DB (don't know if thats possible within the personal environment), you only need to publish all your modules/espaces. OutSystems will make all the tables again. You can do this best by creating an 'all solution' (* within a solution in service center) and click the current versions publish button.

If you want to keep the personal environment DB but your (data) tables in a MySQL environment, see the answer of Rajendra.

Kind regards,
Evert

I do have the personal environment attached to the MySQL database, and i'm able to pull test tables into integration studio with no issues (As long as I manually create the Database tables in MySQL).

The import option in Integration studio is interesting, this is where I can import tables/vies from the external database or the platform database.  However when you look at the platform, the DB's all have a cryptic name to them.

Main reason I want to move the schema to MySQL is due to the 2 GB DB limit in the personal environment.  I simply don't want to hit a wall, and using my own DB connection removes that hard limitation.

Hello cmbates,

OutSystems generates the DB table names. You can retrief these names from the system entities (eSpace -> Entity -> entity attribute) to check which tables belong to which eSpace and which name in service studio is which name in the DB.

Does this information helps?

Kind regards,

Evert

Evert van der Zalm wrote:

Hello cmbates,

OutSystems generates the DB table names. You can retrief these names from the system entities (eSpace -> Entity -> entity attribute) to check which tables belong to which eSpace and which name in service studio is which name in the DB.

Does this information helps?

Kind regards,

Evert

Are you referring to eSpaces in service center?

No, when you have Service studio, you can reference systems tables (eSpace/entity/entity attr). In those tables the table names within SS and names within the DB are shown.

So by those tables you can find out the tablename in the database vs the tablename in service studio.