Unable to hide the menu in dublin template for a particular screen

Unable to hide the menu in dublin template for a particular screen

I started developing an application using the Dublin template. After some time I realised that I did not need the menu in one of the screens. I have tried changing my theme, cloning my application and creating a new one with a different template, css tricks , if else on the menu web block. I dont know what to do. I do not want to build the app from scratch. Can someone help me out here. I already have about 5 screens and a core data module developed.

Hello Keya,

The menu button in dublin is inside the theme header. Have you tried to take it off the header?

You can make a copy of the header and name it (HeaderWithoutMenu) so you still save the previous header :p

Best regards,

Cristiano

- You can create a new layout-webblock.

- You can hide the container with css/jquery

Dunno what you want exactly

J. wrote:

- You can create a new layout-webblock.

- You can hide the container with css/jquery

Dunno what you want exactly

I need to hide the menu in only one of the screens. How can I achieve this with css/jquery based on the menu option selected/page that is being displayed? 

Keya,

You could place a RunJavascript action on the preparation of the page with the following code:

To remove:

$('.Header_buttonMenu').remove();

To hide:

$('.Header_buttonMenu').hide();

However, I still think the best option would be to have either a placeholder on the header or a different header.

You are going to draw the menu button in the dom and take it off, its a waste of resources...

Regards,

Cristiano

Solution

Posting my solution here :

1. Removed the menu web-block from that particular screen.

2. Changed the css for the menu as well as Content to occupy the screen.

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

.Menu { 
    display:none;
    width:  0px;
}

.Content.ThemeGrid_Wrapper {
    left: 0px;
}
Solution