[Facebook Login Plugin] Connection not working

[Facebook Login Plugin] Connection not working

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 18 Apr by Grazina
1 vote
Published on 18 Apr by Grazina

Hello,

I was tryng to connect but appear the same error "Facebook Plugin is not defined".

Can you help me?

Thank you.

Hi Tiago,

Typically this error means that plugin was not installed on the application generated. 

Did you add the plugin and generate the application after that? Are you facing this error for both mobile platforms?

You can try to refresh the dependencies on Facebook plugin and in your app and request a new native build after that.

Regards,

Vitor

Hi Vitor,

Thank you very much for your reply.

When you say the plugin was not installed, by installed what exactly do you mean? I thought that I only needed to add the actions I need in the dependencies, are there any aditional steps for instalation?

I have refreshed all the dependencies both from the plugin and my app and I still get the same error, it 'dies' here: https://www.screencast.com/t/kYUtxLEJ6

Thanks,

Tiago

Hi Tiago,

This plugin is a Mobile Native Plugin, which means it needs to run on a mobile device on an application generated with that plugin (not OutSystems Now). Only a few supported plugins can be used on OutSystems Now out of the box.

Again, this Facebook plugin uses native features of the devices, and therefore you need to generate a mobile app in order to use it. If you don't then obviously the native features are unavailable. Here's how:

First go to this tab and configure the application to generate.

After generating you'll get a QR Code to scan using your device and install it. Like this:

It's much easier on Android because you don't need specific certificates and provisioning profiles, but to use facebook you still need to configure some settings, which you may not be confortable with. Check the plugin documentation that is available on the Sample App that comes with it.

By the way, we're holding a webinar soon on plugin development. You're welcome to join on Thursday next week and understand what's behind the curtains.

Kind Regards,

João Grazina

Where may I find the webinar? was it recorded? I'm also experiencing the same problem

At what point do you add the "facebook_app_id". I seem to miss this part.