System cannot find the file specified

Hello,

I am trying to export TableRecords into Pdf (same as Export to Excel) , for that purpose I am using GeneratePDF action of HtmlToPdfConverter.

I set the properties of GeneratePdf action as -

Executable Path: "C:\Program Files\wkhtmltopdf\bin"

URL: "WelcomeScreen.aspx"

I also downloaded "wkhtmltox-0.12.4_msvc2015-win64" file and uploaded in admin page as shown below

When I try to export the records into pdf, it gives me error as System cannot find the file specified.

Am I doing anything wrong in above scenario? Please suggest me how to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Amit Joshi

Hi Amit,

When you generate a pdf using GeneratePDF method it generates the pdf in a temp location first read and than read the data from file and returns the binary data .

You need to check first whether the file is generating in the temp folder or not . You can also open the extension code in visual studio to check what exactly is written in GeneratePDF method.

Regards

-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

Thanks for your reply.I am new in Outsystems,So please tell me the steps or location of temp folder so that I can check the file is generated or not.

Thanks and Regards,

Amit Joshi 

Amit Joshi wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to export TableRecords into Pdf (same as Export to Excel) , for that purpose I am using GeneratePDF action of HtmlToPdfConverter.

I set the properties of GeneratePdf action as -

Executable Path: "C:\Program Files\wkhtmltopdf\bin"

URL: "WelcomeScreen.aspx"

I also downloaded "wkhtmltox-0.12.4_msvc2015-win64" file and uploaded in admin page as shown below

When I try to export the records into pdf, it gives me error as System cannot find the file specified.

Am I doing anything wrong in above scenario? Please suggest me how to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Amit Joshi

I found that during configuration of html2pdf in admin page when we provide the binaries path it takes only 300 characters due which the path which is longer than 300 characters is cut. So this throws an error "The systems cannot find the file specified".  so please check if it the same case with you.

regards,

amreen

Hi everyone,

Anyone have news about this? It's happening the same with me in Platform 11 and the files that I'm using are the same that I have in my personal account.

Best regards,

Ricardo

I remember thatathat when I try to use this forge app, I had a mistake to upload some files, because file location was incorrect and I needed to specify the file location with "\" or "/" at the end, so that the system recognize my library files.

example: c/users/filename\

instead of: c/users/filename

I hope it will help you.

Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira