[Battery Plugin] Component does not appear in dependencies list

[Battery Plugin] Component does not appear in dependencies list

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 2016-11-18 by Grazina
2 votes
Published on 2016-11-18 by Grazina

After downloading this component from the forge, I can see it in the applications folder in Service Studio.

When I try to add it as a dependency to my project it is not listed.  I do have "Show All" selected in Manage Dependencies screen.

What am I missing here?

<EDIT>...

I found the issue.  I set the "EventProcessingBlock" to public and rebuilt the component.

Problem gone!

Glad you found your way.

By the way, if you see interesting use cases for battery monitoring features, let me know. It'd be nice to add it to the component screenshots to make it more meaningful.

One that I can think of, on the top of my head, is controlling server synchronization (which is a battery draining operation)  to only synchronize when plugged in or above 50% battery.

Kind Regards,

João Grazina

Very first tutorial, created very first module ToDo_Core, then second module ToDo.  Trying to add ToDo as a dependency to ToDo_Core, but ToDo is not in dependencies list.  The real problem is that this is a tutorial and I am stuck in your tutorial.  I started from scratch and followed your directions as meticulously as I could, got to a place where I did not find what your tutorial said I should find and I have been given nothing to tell me where to go from here.  

I am a relatively average guy with a relatively average knowledge base, so why am I completely stuck.  Your tutorial has given me absolutely no direction as to how to resolve my issue.  I started from scratch three times and get to the same error.  First tutorial, first exercise and am completely stopped.  Very frustrating. 

Hi Randall,

I don't think this is the right forum for this issue (unless you are trying to use the battery monitor component) but nevertheless, have you checked the following:

1. Are all your Database Entities and Logic Methods declared as "Public"?

2. Have you built your ToDo_Core module at least once?

If you are still stuck, post for help in the main forum - There are lots of knowlegable and helpful guys there.