[Google Maps Mobile] BUG FOUND: Single Location Map cannot reverse geocode address correctly

[Google Maps Mobile] BUG FOUND: Single Location Map cannot reverse geocode address correctly

Forge Component
(6)
Published on 21 Jul by OutSystems Labs
6 votes
Published on 21 Jul by OutSystems Labs

As title...

But if I use AddressToCoordinate Server Logic from Google Maps Web to reverse geocoding:

It works (via latitude/longitude)...

Hi Harlin,

Thanks for reporting the issue. It does look like something's not working right.

We will take a look as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I used to have blank API key and map still worked.

But now if I put blank API key, there is error on JavaScript Console:

But I have another existing mobile app in the other server using the same GoogleMaps\Map (but I think older component version), with blank API key, and it still works...

Hi Harlin,

Have you enabled the  Google Maps Geocoding API ?

Please Verify it Before You Process, Click Here

Regenerate Your API Key..

Enable all Map Components..

Hope that will solve Your Issue..

Because i have faced similar to your issue before..

i was trying to convert coordinate to address, I got the Output only after enabling the Google Maps Geocoding API..

Just try it..

Hi, I have enabled all Google Map components that I used (Map JS API, Map Geocoding API, etc), and using this API key, GoogleMapsMobile\SingleLocationMap still cannot geocode Address correctly.

I can use Google_Maps\AddressToCoordinate to geocode manually though...

So I don't think this is API key issues...

Also I checked Javascript Console, there is no error from Google Maps API (usually if your API key have feature disabled and we use it, there is error in console).

More info, just noticed from JS Console, apparently GoogleMapsMobile component is sending info that it was using coordinates (instead of address).

Harlin Setiadarma wrote:

As title...

But if I use AddressToCoordinate Server Logic from Google Maps Web to reverse geocoding:

It works (via latitude/longitude)...

hi, Harlin. It works in my cloud environment..

You just miss the GetGoolgeMaps ServerKey:

regards,

bu jum 

Hi,

You missed my point.

It's not AddressToCoordinates that not working...

If I used only Address parameter in GoogleMapsMobile\SingleLocationMap, it always give lat/long of (0,0)...

Solution

Hi Harlin,

I was just looking at the "reverse geocoding" issue you reported on the first post. The issue is on the SingleLocationMap Latitude and Longitude input parameters. Their default value is not correct as it should be 999 instead of 0. We already updated that but we still haven't release it. Also, even if it was correct, you're passing them the value zero as input and that are valid coordinates so the component is adding a marker to (0,0).

I'm also going to take a look at the API issue and will report back as soon as we conclude something.

Regards

Solution

Just looked at the API report and everything seems to be fine.
For the reported use case of a single location map with an address you don't need to have an api key.

Either way, the response provided by Keerthi, related with the account configuration, is correct and we encorage you to do it to ensure that there are no limits for your maps usage.

If you feel that this API situation is an issue please provide me more context so that i can take a deeper look into it.

Regards

Francisco Afonso wrote:

Hi Harlin,

I was just looking at the "reverse geocoding" issue you reported on the first post. The issue is on the SingleLocationMap Latitude and Longitude input parameters. Their default value is not correct as it should be 999 instead of 0. We already updated that but we still haven't release it. Also, even if it was correct, you're passing them the value zero as input and that are valid coordinates so the component is adding a marker to (0,0).

I'm also going to take a look at the API issue and will report back as soon as we conclude something.

Regards

Hi, thanks for looking into this issue... 

So for a workaround, can I assign an address and manually set lat/long to 999?

Hi Fransisco,

I have confirmed, entering 999 for both lat/long works to automatically reverse geocoding on address field.

Thanks!!!